Chapter 32

Seulgi's POV

I wiped my hand with a kitchen towel after I finished washing the dishes. Jaebeom's approaching while holding a glasses.

"I left the girlies outside, they're preparing for the tent." he said.

"Hyunjin won't come home, for real?" I asked.

"Yeah. He's probably somewhere out there, you know him, he can't keep his butt here in the house." he says as he puts the glasses on the sink.

I was about to wash it but he blocked me with his arms, "I'm going to wash this. Take a rest, Yeji and Ryujin can handle themselves." Jaebeom stated.

"I'll go and check them for a moment. You can go upstairs first after that, okay?" I said.

"Sure, hon." he smiled at me that's why I smiled back at him.

Lately, I know that there's something bothering Jaebeom. But I don't want to initiate a conversation about that.

I went out of the kitchen and walks to the main door, heading outside. I forgot to ask Ryujin about the ring. I want to ask her but I can't spare some time to do it.

"Ryujin-ah!" I heard. They're probably having some fun.

It's dark outside since they both want to make a small fire for their 'perfect' star gazing. Since they're at the back, I cautiously took my steps in case they're doing something that would make them embarrass if I went straight at them.

I hear their laughs and chuckles, just like what in love people does. Those who were in love—they laugh differently.

"Can you touch my face again?"

I didn't take another step and peek instead. They're near the tent, sitting on the grass with the small fire in front of them; sitting, facing each other.

"Why?" Yeji asked but Ryujin took her hand and placed it on her cheek.

"Thank you for making me feel everything. The love of a friend, a best friend, girlfriend, and a love of a family. I will no longer ask for anything but you—just you—you, staying by my side forever..." I saw as how her eyes closed. Yeji cupped both of her cheek and the way she looks at Ryujin...I know my daughter's in love.

"Three years ago, I don't know how to love until I found it on you. I was too afraid to confess my feelings but—here we are, here I am, holding and facing you, showing all my love."

Her arms wrapped on my nape as she tiptoes to kiss my forehead, "If I ever lose you, I think I can't ever face that truth, Seulgi..."

"I'll be here for you, for the baby, forever." I assured.

"Don't leave me hanging, okay? Seulgi...you're all I want to have. You, alone. I can't lose you..." her tears roll on her cheeks that I quickly wiped with my thumb.

Isn't it ironic? When the one who asked for assurance, left you with all those assurance you gave?

I thought being in love with someone else would make me forget about those precious days that were hurting me so much.