Chapter 45

Gyuri's POV

Heejin playfully flicked her fingers on my forehead, bringing me back to my senses.

"You shouldn't try to drink again, dumbass." she tried getting up but I pulled her back to my side as I buries my face on her neck.

"When Yeji comes back, you should apologize to her, Heejin-ah..." I murmured. I felt bad for Yeji but as the same time I feel bad for Heejin. For me, everyone deserves forgiveness.

"And who are you to command me? You're just a junior, Gyul. I tried with Ryujin but did you see how she reacted? I don't want to get killed with her stares and actions." Heejin said with a laugh.

"She really can become out of control sometimes but it's important to apologize, Heejin. " I said.

"Why do you want me to apologize? Why are you so eager to reach out for my apology? Gyuri, you're out of this. You're just their friend and you're just a total student for me." she stated.

I heavily sigh. If only Ryujin accepted it already then everything would've been fine.

"Here, do you want Yeji to receive a sincere apology? Because if not, then stop annoying me already because she couldn't get it from me. I am like this and I'll always be like this." Heejin stated as she totally got out of bed. I attentively handed her the blanket to cover her body.

"You're not like that...Yves told me you're not like that. It's not too late to change, Heejin. I can change you—"

"Look at you, Gyuri. You're not even wearing complete uniform in school. And for all I know, you're just being greasy at me for fun, don't tell me you really like me?" she teasingly asked which astounded me.

I thought she knows it already. I've shown it for days...that I like her. I even defended her and all.

I like her...

"I like you for long. I just—" I was cut off again when she laughs.

"Are you fucking kidding me? So what happened last night means a lot to you then? I don't like what happened last night, Gyuri. Always remember that I'm just drunk and you're a fucking predator." with that, I got up to hold her hand to calm her.

"You like it, Heejin. I know you can like me. You're not a homophobe, you can like me." I mumbled.

"I love playtime and I don't know why I didn't resist but for all I know, I can't bring myself to like someone like you. You're nothing to me actually."

My hand slipped on her wrist. I keep looking straight in her eyes and I don't know what to say...

"B-But you've loved a girl before, you're just being stonehearted. You can change Heejin-ah, no one's going to hurt you here. No one's going to make fun of you..." I mumbled.

"You're crazy, Gyul. Let's say that I loved a girl back then but—that's just before. I became homophobic and I'll always be homophobe. You can't change the fact that someone like you disgust me, every inch of you." Heejin stated. She's not shouting at me nor emphasizing her words. It just hurts... because her words felt real. And I don't want to accept it.