Chapter 33

Irene's POV

I stopped my car when a black car blocked my way here in the parking lot of my building.

The next thing I saw is a man in suit, coming out from that car. I let go off the steering wheel and hopped out of my car.

"Irene, right?"

I didn't answer quickly since his face is registering inside my head.

Seulgi's husband?

"I just want to talk with you about Seulgi." he stated that's why I went back to my senses.

"What about her?" I asked.

"Do you love her...still?" I can sense the hesitant in his voice but I was surprised with that question.

"My wife is happy living with me because we have our twins but she was never been happy with me. She's so precious and I want her to be happy. I'm not asking you to get back with her since you have your own family but please—talk to her about those things that's bothering her." he said.

"I still love her, I can't promise to give her back if you let us fix everything. Before you said some things, make sure you're ready for the outcome." I flashes a smile at him.

Fool.

"Don't you love your husband like she does? I guess so...talk to her and fix things. She deserves the happiness that only you can give but please—I'm begging you to shut our sons and daughters out of this." his voice started to crack. I pity him. But Seulgi said that she loves him. Does she want to protect her family?

"I don't get it at all. I don't have professionalism in my every decisions so once—"

"I want her to be happy, if she can be happy with you then why not? She has been a good wife and a mother. It's time for her to be happy."

"Are you for real? Is this for real?"  I unbelievably asked.

"I just want you to fix everything but if it turned out the other way—it's fine with me, okay? I know you...you will always have the pieces of her heart...those pieces I-I'll never have." he quickly turns his back before I could see a glimpse of his tears.

I was stunned for a bit, watching him as he went back inside his car.

Seulgi...did you lie? Just why would your husband show up like this...

Can we continue everything? Is this a sign? Can we really be with each other once again?

I quickly traced the way on my home with these puzzles in my mind. What if I message her once again? Will it work out?

Should I tell her that her husband came to me?

It was already 7 pm when I reached the house. I found Jisu in the living room the moment I entered the house. She's studying, as usual.

"Where's Ryujin?" I asked.

"Oh mom, she's in her room I think. Have you had your dinner?" Jisu asked as she put her book on the table.