Chapter 48

Irene's POV

I'm ashamed of myself...I don't know how to open my mouth while standing in front of someone I broke so much.

"If you don't have plan to say anything then can I go now? You're wasting my time." Seulgi stated. I looked down while biting my lower lip.

"Our daughters are together and this is so complicated, Irene. I am hurt, deeper than you think. I don't know what plan should I make, should I break them apart? But I can't break Yeji's heart nor Ryujin—so I don't know...I don't know what to think at this point." Seulgi started moving her feet away from me that's why I breathed heavily, trying to swallow my pride I kept high for long.

"S-Seulgi...I want to say sorry..." I said with my shut eyes.

I heard her laughing sarcastically that's why I looks at her who's currently looking at me, "Sorry? Irene—sorry? If that sorry can take me back from the past then I'm willing to accept it, but it can't! My parents were dead and...and it's because of my reckless decision. It's because of your selfishness!"

"It's fine if—if you can't forgive me now—"

"I CAN'T FORGIVE YOU! I WILL NEVER GIVE THAT FORGIVENESS!" she exclaimed.

"Seulgi please...I had tough life..." I mumbled while walking towards her, "Seulgi I wasn't in my right mind...I only thought of myself that time because—"

"You had a tough life and you think, you're relevant to ruin someone's life because of that?" she asked and even stepped back just to keep her distance from me.

"Please give me a chance to—"

"Irene—I loved you but you didn't hurt me just once. You didn't shatter me just once. Running away with you, forsaking my own family shattered me but I never told you because I stood up on choosing you. You gave Ryujin to the orphanage when I clearly said not to! I was shattered into pieces but I stood fine and forgave you. Then...then you left me! And now you ruined me again with those things I never knew from the start! You made me a fool for years!" Seulgi yelled while pointing me in the mid air. There's nothing I could see in her eyes but pure anger.

Her eyes...it used to tell a lot of stories whenever I look in it.

Seulgi...

"S-Seulgi...I didn't know what to think back then! I thought you're my only hope...my...my heart was fully committed to you and...and I thought being with you will make my life better..." I stepped forward to hold her hands but she resisted that's why I knelt down to hug her knees, "I'm so sorry...I'm so sorry, Seulgi..."

"I was there, Irene...you didn't have to make those things. You didn't have to get pregnant and set me up." she stated.

Why did I even think those things back then? Was I that desperate?

I was.

"I was so in love with you and you're the only one who made me feel happy. With you—I felt like I'm living...I felt like living as a person is wonderful...you made me feel that so called butterflies in my stomach...and I forgot the world that I was in because you brought me into your own world...I was young back then—young and immature...I didn't think of the possible consequences...all I thought was if we live together, my life would be better...if we live together and create our own world with just the two of us...then...then I can take back those happiness that was taken from me...that...that if we live together I might as well feel that I'm human too..." I hugged her quivering knees tighter. I knew I've committed the biggest sin of ruining her life...and I want to pay for it but I don't know how to...