Chapter 46

Suho's POV

My eyes starts becoming shaky while looking at the person in front of me. I looked away the moment I realized that I couldn't stand looking at him with all the lies that's shown in my eyes.

"Fix your marriage with my daughter. You don't have to go this far, man." he tapped my shoulder that astounded me, "Hand me the envelope."

I looked at his bodyguard behind him who handed a clear envelope with papers inside.

"My daughter, Irene, ran away when she got pregnant. She ran away with Seulgi, am I right, Suho? She put her two months old baby in an orphanage..." he paused while showing the papers in front of me, "How far are you gonna lie? She's not your daughter so forsake her and fix your marriage with Irene." he stated but I shook my head.

"She's my daughter..." I mumbled but he lightly slap my face twice.

"Wake up, grown up man! She's not part of the family! We're not gonna share any money with those people who's not belong in our blood!" he yelled.

"No, sir. I'm not gonna abandon her like what Irene did—"

"Irene did a great job back then—"

I didn't know what came into my mind when my fist landed on his face. I was quickly pushed by his bodyguards on the floor, their knees were pinned right into my backbone with their hands holding my arms tight.

"LET GO OFF ME!" I shouts in anger while groaning in pain because one of them transferred his knee onto my nape.

His laugh occupied this room. I clenches my jaw but I can't do anything...coz I was wrong that I married someone like his daughter in the first place.

"So that's what you like, Suho? I'll go to Irene and confront her about this thing. Make sure I won't run to that bullshit adopted daughter of yours." he stated that's why I tried to resist their grip.

No...

"I'll visit mom after class later. I want to know what she's doing."

They finally stood up but one of them even dared to kick my side that surely left me in pain.

I got up and tried running to that old hag's direction but all I knew was—I fell right into the floor again when a fist hit my face. My nose is bleeding and my eyes are kinda hurt because of the knuckles that landed on it.

No one can hurt her and no one should hurt her.

I tried chasing them but I think they've gotten in the elevator already. My hands are shaking while pressing the button for the second elevator to open.

I quickly stepped my feet inside when it opened and pressed the button to the ground floor.

Why would you even think that you can keep your secrets forever?

I should've kept her more safe. I should be better...like better than this. But why am I being a coward dog? Ryujin will always be my daughter. I won't forget how she smiled at me when I first met her, how she called me 'dada' the first time I carried her on my arms, how she would always run to me when I come home, how she run inside my room to see me when Irene's scolding her, how she fed me those bunch of her kimchi when she was still a kid...she's my daughter.