Chapter 23

Irene's POV

"Suho is in a bar in Busan, why won't you at least look for you husband?" dad stated. Did he even go all the way my house to tell me to look for my husband who have his own feet?

"And where's your one stupid daughter who can't act like an heir?" he asked while roaming around the house.

"She's gone for days for a project." I lied.

"Project in what? Making her mother lie to me? What kind of treatment did you put in that kid, Irene?" he looked at me straight in my eyes and that's when I realized I'm still the girl who's afraid of those eyes that clearly resembles mine, "Jisu isn't like her. Please get rid of your sick headed daughter. I'm not going to tell you over and over again to do everything you can to change her— because if she didn't, I'd bet my life into it. I will do everything to figure out whether she's adopted or not, what if you're fooling your own father, Irene?"

"She's not adopted. You can even check our DNA test. Ryujin just happened to be an outgoing person, she likes doing what she wants." I stated, trying to fight back with his gaze.

"Could she be the one you brought in an orphanage?" once again, he looked at me and this time it stunned me.

I tried opening my mouth but it seems like there's no voice coming out from it.

Years of protecting her, don't just stand and stay silent.

"You're getting old, enough of your failures. You were raped, you ran away with a girl, you bear that rapist's child, you even gave birth but thank god— you had your mind back then to put that kid in an orphanage. You didn't finish your college because you're a failure, but thank me for having this life, for still having this life." he then left me behind.

I thought now she's away, dad wouldn't look for her. I tried so hard to keep her away from my own father. I tried so hard to do all the things I thought were right for her, but she's—she's just like Seulgi. So I always ended up doing worst more than it.

"Mom..." I looked up and saw Jisu going downstairs.

"Just tell grandpa to vent his anger on me. I won't mind it. I don't like hearing how he dislikes my sister." she stated but I didn't utter a word.

"Do you know what's going on in her mind? Because I don't and you prolly won't know ever. Mom, I'm quiet because Ryujin never told any bad thing about you but I have eyes and I have ears. I wish I could stop you and grandpa from being the worst in her life..."

"I want the best for her..." I mumbled.

"You've never yelled at me and questioned what I'm doing. You never beat me up when I was a kid because I'm stubborn. You never did those things to me, so does that mean you don't want the best for me?" Jisu asked.

I forgot how smart she is. I thought she's not seeing everything. I didn't notice that I'm hurting the both of them.

"I'll go and see your aunt Joy." I said before leaving.

I'll myself to Busan. It's a bit far from our place but Joy mentioned that Suho stayed in her apartment last night. He's still probably there and I need to talk with him to convince Ryujin to go home.