Chapter 28

Ryujin's POV

She really looks good on her racerback swimsuit...

I didn't know that she's good at swimming and been training for months here.

"Who are you supporting here?" Jinsol asked.

"Look at that Yves, she's our senior, right? I often catch her glancing at you." I stated to avoid her question.

"Psh she's prolly envious of my beauty." she even flips her hair that's why I chuckle.

"Or attracted?" I teasingly asked.

"Shut your mouth." she mumbled with her serious stank face.

I focused my eyes at Yeji instead. She's warming up, glancing at me from time to time with her eyes roaming on the audience. She's probably waiting for Seulgi.

How I badly want to cheer for you, Yeddeong.

I felt my phone vibrating that's why I quickly pulled it out from my pocket—mom is on the caller ID.

I tried catching Yeji's eyes before I go but her eyes weren't roaming on my direction that's why I went out of the area before answering mom's call.

"Mom, how are you—"

[Where are you?]

Her voice sounds so tense. I wonder what she needs.

"At school." I answered.

[Meet me outside. Let's go home] she said with an authorized voice.

"There's an event here, I can't come. I want to live alone—"

[You'll go home with me right now or I'll go there and look for you?]

"Mom—you don't understand. I have to watch—"

[I'm close. If I didn't see you outside I'll really look for you inside, you'll see what you're looking for]

"Mom! Fine, I'll go home tomorrow but not now."

[I'm running out of patience, you really want me to barge in there and look for you?]

I gnashed my teeth and stomped my feet, walking to the hallway with a heavy steps.

[What? You're not really coming out? I'm pretty close, Ryujin]

"I-I'm going out." I irritatedly said.

I thought she doesn't care. What does she need now? Damnit. Why is she even my mom.

"Mom...please just now, I really need—"

[I don't really like how hardheaded you are, Ryujin. You'll find what you're looking for later if you don't stop]

"Something important will be happening here...please?" I can feel my eyes becoming watery as I walks closer to the gate of our school.