Epilogue

EPILOGUE

After 5 years...

The snow has started that's why there's a lot of customers in our café but we needed to close our shop already since I'm gonna welcome my twin brother who just got back from his trip. A honeymoon trip with Minju.

"Hi?" a girl casually approached.

I gladly smiled at her and waited for her next word, "Can I get your number?" she asked.

A sudden flashback came into my mind. It was hard moving on—but I gotta convince myself that everything is fine, that everything will be fine.

I should convince myself that I'm done locking myself in my room with the smell of hongsam and insam's pee. So done laying on the wilted petals of peonies. I'm done crying myself at night. Pretend that no memories can hurt me right now.

"Brace yourself—"

"Aren't you the owner of the café? Just wanna have contact with you so I could ask when can I rent your café for business matter." she stated and gave me a bright smile. My mind kinda slowed down.

"I'm Jung Jinsol." she offered her hand for a handshake that I gladly accepted. I nods while avoiding eye contact with her, "It's been five years since someone cut her ties with us to suffer alone. I felt bad for not fulfilling my promise to my bestfriend to help and protect the one she loved." she stated out of the blue, my eyes turned gloomy, head down with clenching fists.

"Your bestfriend should be the one fulfilling her promises and not you, neither any other around you." I was about to turn away from her when she grasped my hand.

"Let go and leave that boundary alone. Ryujin told you about shifting boundaries but she didn't teach you to create borders to push people away." she started walking while pulling me with her, "Ryujin wants to see us all together..."

My world stopped the moment she said those words...because ahead of us, there's Jiwoo, Gyuri, and Heejin waiting. The two be waving their hands whilst Heejin's with her crossed arms, holding two leashes and at the end of it awaits my hongsam and insam.

Ryuddaeng...can you see us right now? Will you let me leave the boundary that consists of our love and be shifting boundaries to them?

—👄
thanks for reading Shifting Boundaries again! it's my pleasure serving you this book, fellas. i love y'all! thank you for the overwhelming supports♥️