Chapter 22

Ryujin's POV

It's 7 pm and I'm waiting for Yeji outside the café. She texted me that her Dad would drop her off here.

📲
jindori

jindori:
monkey, y'know heejin? she asked for your number so i gave it

me:
what?

for what?

jindori:
i don't know🤷

is there something wrong?

me:
nothing

just a bit odd

why would she

jindori:
maybe she likes girls lmao

me:
so?

jindori:
disgusting then

me:
that won't make her less a person

jindori:
ew imagine a girl likes you

me:
then what a wonderful day for me to be alive

jindori:
you suck

me:
suck my fingers

jindori:
fuck you

me:
go on

📱

I didn't wait for her reply at all when a car stopped right in front of me. The window slid down, revealing her dad. Actually I've never seen him I think? Or I saw a glimpse of him back then? I don't know.

But then I realized that they're all cat-eyed. Cat-eyed fam I guess? Maybe even Yeji's twin has the same eyes as them.

"So, you're Ryujin?" he asked with his baritone voice.

"A-Ah yes sir..." I said, intimidated by him. Seulgi's beside him and as I look at the back seat, it opened and I saw Yeji.

"Hmm...you're short, why did Yeji date you either." he mumbled.

It's like the veins on my forehead is soon to explode. Of all things why are they noticing my height?

"HAHAHAHA kidding. I made you nervous, right? Hah! You see that Seulgi, I'm intimidating!" he proudly said. Ah I didn't know that Yeji's dad is an old clown.

"Why aren't you laughing? Don't you want to pass dad's test?" Yeji whispered at me.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA that was so funny of you sir. I think we would get along because of your humor."

"Really? That's good, you can marry my daughter now—" Seulgi interrupted by shoving her palm on his mouth to cover it.