Chapter 49

Ryujin's POV

I tightly holds the bouquet of flower that I bought for Yeji, breathing deeply before totally entering her room.

I found her sitting beneath her bed with her face resting on the study table. Why do I feel like she's awake? Why do I feel like I've forgotten her for awhile? I put the bouquet on her bed without breaking my stare at her.

I'm looking at her back and it feels like I can't even recognize her as mine...

"Yeddeong-ah..." I murmured, enough for the wind to hear it. I stood in front of her, I could only see the other side of her face that's why I gently cup it.

Slowly detaching my palm on her cheek, I draw a heart using my thumb and point finger on it just like what she did back then on my palm.

In a relationship, communication is the best way to cope up everything. One fucked up communication and it would feel different. Because this is what I'm feeling right now...I felt like I haven't known her for long.

Yeji suddenly holds my hand that's just lying above her face. She slowly placed it back to her cheek without even opening her eyes.

"Stare at me for long..." Yeji uttered. I looked up, trying to hold my visible tears. Why am tearing up?

"You used to make me feel butterflies in my stomach..." she mumbled with the softest voice she could ever have when she's sleepy, "But now...all I feel is pain from the chest down to my tummy..."

I gritted my teeth while tears are streaming down my face. I fixed a lot in my family but I forgot about her. I haven't even ask Seulgi what she's been doing nor answer her texts with the same energy...I was too busy fixing everything with everyone while ruining my relationship with her...

"What if...what if I'm not for you? What if you deserve someone better, someone who can help you?" this time, Yeji opened her eyes.  Her stares quickly darted on me and I wasn't even ready for it... I'm really embarrassing.

I didn't even told her about those situations I've been in for the past days. I'm a total scumbag.

"No, Yeji..." I pulled out a pack of adhesive bandages from my pocket, "Here, help me. You're the only one who can help me. Y-You'll put this until I heal, right?" I mumbled while putting it on her palm.

"N-No...no! This is bullshit, Ryu." Yeji continuously shakes her head in disagreement while trying to walk away from me. I grasped her arms and blocked her way out, still trying to put this pack of adhesive bandages on her clenching fist.

"This is—it's just pure childish. You don't deserve this—" I hugged her tight before she could even continue speaking. I've heard enough, I don't wanna hear any of those anymore.

"I'm sorry..." I murmured while hugging her tight, getting back all those hugs I've missed.

"I'm sorry if I ever made you feel that it's childish enough, that it can never heal me...but it does. I just need you to put it on me. Everything you do heals the inner me...it heals everything in me."

"No...I'm sorry...I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you and I'm sorry I couldn't do anything to help you..." Yeji stated as she gave in here in my arms.