Chapter 7

Ravenwood Academy -
Music Class <ROOM 12>
[20th August 10:05]
Akashis P. O. V

Akashi sat restlessly on his neatly carved, wooden chair, of course, Ravenwood only supplied the best recourses, cheap plastic chairs with cold rusty metal legs wasn't going to cut it. His hands tapping a rhythmic song on the desk, he was in music class and was surrounded by instruments like guitars and pianos, he didn't want the lectures or the theory, he wanted the practicals. his right leg which was neatly folded over his left swayed to and fro.

"-And now that our theory is done we can continue the last half of the lesson with practical!" The female teacher said in a breezy tone, she glanced at Akashi briefly before smiling. "I want you to practise a small section of your favourite song, it can be any difficulty, but please try to choose something that challenges you"

"Honey Bear, Are you alright?" Haruka, who sat behind Akashi, whispered in a volume that made it possible for Akashi to hear clearly. Akashi snuck a glance behind him and pulled a quick frown. "You must love music if you're this restless."

"You have no idea" Akashi hissed, before turning back around, eagerly anticipating the go-ahead from the teacher so he could make a run for it, grab a guitar and start playing. The clock hands ticked away slowly, While Akashi bit the inside of his cheek harshly.

"Alright, So that concludes your criteria, remember, challenge yourself, we won't be presenting unless you feel confident enough. This is a small class so there should be enough instruments to go around"

And with that, every student dashed to their separate area, Akashi spun on his heel starting his short journey to the guitar stands, until someone burst through the Classroom door, the door swinging open dramatically.

"Is Akashi Sato here?" The tall male teacher with an ID card attached to a lanyard and raised a black case, a guitar case. His eyes narrowed at the crowd of students. Akashi stepped forward and raised his hand. "The head of the Academy sent some staff to collect your important items, This guitar was included, we assumed you'd want it" the staff member pursed his lips, holding out the guitar case, allowing Akashi to take it.

Without hesitation, Akashi carefully placed the precious case on Harukas desk, for it was closest, and Flipped up the sliver clips. The top opened up revealing a sleek, matt black, semi-acoustic guitar. The guitar was decorated with various band logos, Quotes, Idol names and a few pictures of cartoon bunnies. The guitar his father had given him had been returned.

"I'm glad..."

"Looks precious, Honey bear" Haruka Smiled, looking at the guitar that was placed on his desk while he was still sitting on the seat.

"This was my dad's prized possession, when he had to leave I thought I'd have nothing left of him... But he left this behind secretly with a note." Akashi beamed, jumping to sit on his own desk, His feet landed securely on his chair as he swung the guitar strap over his shoulders. His left hand gently held the fretboard and strings, his right hand casually picking at the strings to make sure they're in tune. "It's still tuned..."

His fingers glided across the strings holding them down with an A chord before his right hand once again effortlessly strummed down. Akashi was surprised but he didn't quite grasp why, he knew the guitar was one of a kind, and he knew his playing style was fabulous too, but the sound the instrument made still make him tear up, 'Still as euphonic as ever...' he thought to himself.

『••✎••』

RavenWood Academy -
Demon/Autumn Dorms <ROOM 037>
[20th August 14:50]
Akashis P. O. V