Chapter 34

Location Unknown
Time unknown

It didn't take long for Shouta to wake up, head nodding as the drowsiness attempted to take over his body, eyes drooping. An uncomfortable pit of nausea sat in his stomach. His body was cold, freezing like ice, shivers ran up his arms and the back of his neck, it was like water dripping on his skin. The room was assumably at temperatures below zero, or at least something close to that. He attempted to stretch out his arms, feeling rather cramped and tense, however, his action was denied.

Thick layers of looped titanium and aluminium metal were wrapped around his wrists which were detained behind a rusty metal chair back. He groaned, dissatisfied, remembering what he had momentarily forgotten. He'd allowed the Order of Corpse to take him into what they'd like to call 'custody'. His hands and arms ached as the cold metal dug into his wrists painfully, he didn't even stop to realise his legs were also tied up to the chair legs.

"Well this isn't very welcoming," He frowned, not caring about the situation. After all, he turned himself in to save his friends and son, if he went back or pleaded the order to not turn him into their little experimental pet - putting the students in so much emotional and mental trauma due to his sacrifice would mean nothing. Shouta knew what kind of situation he was in, he knew what would happen and he refused to run away from the obvious outcome. It was his duty to protect those supernaturals who lacked the power he had to protect themselves.

The room was blindingly bright, the pure white tiles that were stuck to the wall almost blinded Shouta. His eyes squinted as he tried to assess his surroundings, the brightness burning his sight, his ability to explore and examine his surroundings was limited. All he could understand was he was tied up, sat in the middle of a random secure room like an insane person in a mental asylum, in custody, about to be turned into some pet attached to strings that a puppeteer moved to their will.

"Not nice at all," He mumbled, hissing as he hesitantly closed his eyes, shielding them from the light. If he wasn't already insane, the pure white room certainly would get the job done. He licked his dry lips and coughed at the itch in his throat, forgive me Akashi, he silently pleaded while bracing himself to meet His ex-wife and Shepherd again.

"I'm glad you've awoken, I thought I gave you an overdose in drugs," A mysterious, ominous voice called casually. Shouta gulped nervously and opened his eyes slowly, mind racing. He only caught a glimpse of what the man in question looked like, a cliché lab coat, long platinum blonde hair, glasses and dark pants. "Please wait a moment, allow me to dim the lights," and so that's what he did, the lab worker dimmed the lights Until Shouta could comfortably open his eyes.

"Much better," Shouta sighed in relief.

"My name is Nikita Kai and I am the worker assigned to monitor your progress Shouta Sato," The worker explained politely. Shouta helped himself to get a better look at the new face. Nikita had Long, well looked after platinum blonde hair which was tied in a messy plait. his skin was flawless, almost, a scar on the left side of his face went from the corner of his eye to the corner of his lips, it seemed like it was a life-threatening wound. His left eye was an extremely pale blue, almost white which told Shouta the Worker was Blind in the left eye, the right beautifully shined in any light, ocean blue with green waves.

"Well then..." Shouta blinked, speechless. He had no clue what to say all he could do was stare at Nikita, the strange lab worker who claimed to be his attendant during his experiment experience. He could only laugh bitterly. Shaking his head disappointed, he kept tugging at his restraints hoping that he'd be able to get them loose but to no avail. "That's nice and all, but I didn't expect you to be the one I'd see first, I was expecting Shepherd or that whore - Yua,"