Chapter 31

"We're at a standstill, there's nothing we can do. Their forces are undoubtedly strong, they have military assistance. We only have the academy guards and us, the leaders," Kenji frowned sadly, his fingers held tightly in his other hand as the frustration of not being able to do much ate away at him. "Landon?"

"I'd say, regrettably, you're absolutely correct," Landon sighed, running a defeated hand through his grey hair which had grown a few inches. He sat forward in his chair while examining the information they'd all managed to collect on his Ipad. "We have power, and if their target wasn't Akashi and Shouta... I'd tell you all to go psycho on them because we'd have a chance. But we can't risk doing that since Shouta and Akashi are their priority, if they managed to capture them it's game over,"

"So we have no chance?" Sousuke summed up. You could tell he was biting the inner part of his left cheek since his outer cheek had a small dip, for the sake of keeping everyone calm he tried his best to keep his cool while everyone else did the worrying, however, he just couldn't help it.

"Shouta, what do you think?" Landon wondered. Sure he was their strategist, but with no idea where to start without sacrificing people, he wanted someone else's opinion. He glanced at Shouta whose eyes were closed as he thought about the options they had. Shouta eventually opened his eyes and looked at the centre of the table, he had an idea, an idea that everyone would disagree with immediately.

"I think you should hand me over," He stated plainly. His eyes showed nothing but the dead seriousness that misted over in his almost unreal, dull red eyes. He stared, but at nothing in particular. The way he stood was casual - with his hands in his Jeans pockets and his leg slightly bent.

"Master, Are you fucking crazy?!" Takeshi barked, slamming his hands onto the table aggressively. He pointed his finger at Shouta and almost snarled, "I don't agree to this! Come up with something different, we're family here and no one sacrifices themselves!"

"Takeshis Right, no sacrifices need to be made. We come out of this together," Yuki concluded with a shake of his head. The rest of the leaders agreed, Including Akashi. On the other hand, Landon never did anything to indicate he agreed to the idea of not using anyone as a victim to hand over to their enemy.

"... But a sacrifice may need to be made," Landon whispered, looking down at his lap. Takeshi didn't take the comment so well, he pushed his chair back with a squeak and towered over his right-hand man for a moment before lunging to raise his hand to Landons cheek.

Landon paused in sudden surprise. A tingling sting on his cheek forced him to look at Takeshi in disbelief. Even Akira couldn't believe what he saw, he had to double and triple check to confirm what he had witnessed. Takeshi had never raised a hand to Landon before.

"No one will be sacrificed, Landon. Do you understand me? We're not talking about a Lone wolf, we're talking about a man with a son! A man who could be used to eliminate us all even if we did hand him over!"

"Right!" Yuki and Yukio chimed together in affirmation.

"Even if we gave Shouta to them, it doesn't guarantee that we'll be safe. Remember, they want to use him to destroy all supernaturals," The shape-shifting leader pointed out hoping to change Landons mind. Honestly? He just didn't want to see Akashi's face twisted in complete utter sorrow.

"We have time to think of where to go from now, for now, let's assure the students that everything's going to be fine," Sousuke announced, placing a hand to his chest as if he was in pain. He made a swift recovery, coughing the pain away or attempting to - but secretly the leaders had a hunch something was wrong.

"Hey... I was just thinking. We don't even know when they're going to come back... So making a plan is impossible," Akashi murmured, talking to Takeshi specifically but that didn't stop the others from listening, "Surely...?"