Chapter 32 [PT 1]

Akiras Office
[10:40]

The air around the three individuals was dark and heavy, serious and above all rather dangerous. They all stayed silent, either fidgeting with their sleeves or tapping their nails onto the table impatiently. Between them, they knew what they were thinking was wrong but in their minds, there was no other way.

"I assume you know why I wanted to talk to you both?" Akira gave each of his guests a look, a look that told the other two they should already know why they were in his office. He stood up from his chair and turned to the window in a quick action, staring out into the distance. Truth be told, he was terrified of losing a friend, he was frightened of losing his students trust. If they went along with what they had in mind, they'd have to tell them especially Akashi.

"I think we know what we're each thinking," Landon spoke for himself and Shouta, gulping down his anxiety. "I can't believe we're doing this, Takeshis never going to forgive me,"

"But it wasn't your Idea," Shouta intervened defensively "It was mine. If they ask you about it, you say I went on my own accord,"

"What about Akashi?" Akira glanced expectantly at Shouta who didn't reply, though his silence seemed to show that he was still unsure of himself, of the actions he was going to take. He'd only been reunited with his son for a year or so and suddenly he was going to leave him again, only, this time he had a chance he wouldn't return.

"He won't forgive me after this,"

"Then why do it?" Landon pushed for an answer, wanting more. He was a little confused about why Shouta would recommend that they should hand him over.

"Once they have me, they'll most likely turn me into whatever monster they want, they won't take Akashi or Takeshi because they already have me. The Devil. The all-powerful and mighty Devil," He explained, looking from Landon to Akira multiple times. He didn't want to be interrupted so he continued swiftly, "They'll turn me against you, but once Takeshi finds out Landon and I went against his wishes, and Him seeing Akashi's sorrow because of my broken promise, his wrath will be greater than my power."

"That's right, he still has your Blood,"

"Yes. If anyone in this world is my equal, it's Akashi and Takeshi," Shouta concluded, leaning back in his chair comfortably. "I'm doing this, I believe in Takeshi,"

"What if they hunt Kato down after you've been put to your end?" Landon asked, it was a valid question they really needed to think about. The Order of Corpse could always hunt down the Academies popular couple after Shouta had been taken down, surely Shouta had thought about that?

"They won't,"

"And how do you know that?!" Akira demanded scornfully, sharply turning to his side to face Shouta who was being extremely reckless. Shouta had always lacked self-preservation but his recent actions were beyond just the lack of awareness of danger and harm.

"Because once they see Takeshi jump at the chance to take me down, his fury controlling him, they won't want to mess with this Academy again. My sacrifice won't be for nothing, it'll create a foundation for you all to grow on,"

"Our foundation is or was you being here, alive. But I guess we can create a new one," The Hybrid rolled his eyes, snickering, trying his best to shed light on the dark and dreary situation. His attempt was successful for the most part.