Chapter 22: Hela

(Loki's P.O.V.)

I awoke to a sound. They nerving sound of something next to me.

*baby crying*

I turned around, it be away soon and I could sleep. Well, as well as you could sleep on the floor of my pathetic glass prison. SHIELD or however this defensive arms are called, still did not find a way to Asgard. But I might as well stay here, for in Asgard I would be in prison too.

*baby crying louder*

"What the hell...."  I cussed under my breath and rolled over to eliminate whatever was disturbing my beauty sleep. Even my sharp cheek bones had to be taken care of.

And there was this little, small, noisy, tiny thing. It looked like a human, just much smaller. And it was killing off my ears.

"Shut up, mortal!"  I yelled at it. Somehow I was too tired to ask myself how it got here, I just wanted it to be silenced. The Son of Coul should take care of it when the sun rises.

The thing turned it's little, round head to me and I started as I saw those big, bold eyes. Wow. That was intense. After all, this must be a child no more than 4 or 5 months old.

I came closer to get a better look at it. It was wrapped in a green blanket, but it wore a pink babygrow. So she was a girl. As she saw me, she giggled and gurgled non-stop.

"Do not mock me, stupid thing!" 

That was when her eyes began to get watery and the danger of her crying increased. Then, it suddenly grabbed a strand of my hair and pulled it as forcefully as it she could. It was unexpected, so I did not react properly and it hurt.

 "You mewling q***!"  With that, I grabbed her and brought her face to mine. "Nobody, NOBODY, has ever - " 

I wanted to go on yelling at this little thing, but it brought its hand to my face and laughed again. What the heck....?

"Argh, stop that!" I groaned and rolled my head back. 

Then it hit me.

This mortal thing could be my ally! Why not? It is called a side kick, I think....

"Listen, mortal. From now on, we are allies. That means you will help me get out of here and fight my enemies with me. Do you understand?"  

All she did was simply putting her fingers into my mouth, but I took that as a 'yes'. Maybe I should give her a name.... I did not want to keep calling her 'possible ally'.

"Alright, your name shall be Hela." I told her because I always wanted to have a daughter called Hela.

"Now, Hela. We both will have a war meeting right now and work out a plan how to escape." Then I sat her down next to me, but she kept falling back.

Why couldn't she sit? After a few more vain attempts to keep her sitting upright, I gave up sighing and allowed her to lay on her back and laid down next to her. 

"Do you have any information about the Tesseract?" 

"GAH!" 

"Oh, seriously? I did not think about that.... What else do you have?"

"GA-GHI!" 

"Of course, how could I be so blind? This is brilliant!"

"NOM-NOM!" 

"Perfect! Then we both shall be free before the day is done!" 

This child was a genius. Hela was a genius. And she looked so cute as she began to play with her own legs.... 

STOP!

No, I can not develop feelings for her. That is true, people say once you gave something a name, you begin to get attached to it. I should've never gave her one of my favourite baby names, in the end that would only result in pain.

"You know? You are the only one who listen to me willingly for more than a minute. All the others used to laugh or go away, until I tied them to the chair and threatened to set the room on fire."

She giggled at this and rolled on her stomach. She was still too stupid to crawl, but at least she could do this much of a movement. Strangely, I did the same without even thinking about it! 

"There was a girl I knew from school. She looked exactly like you and would always spill her coffee over me if I tried to talk to her.  Now, she is a serpent banished to Jotunheim." 

It seemed a bit difficult for her to understand me, but when she did she always flashed me a toothy smile. After a few minutes of ranting about my past, I felt her rolling away. After rolling over for at least seven times, she stopped and curled up next to me. Probably she was seeking body heat. 

It felt.... great. Great to have somebody not fearing my presence. This innocent child was only too stupid and petty to notice in how much danger it was, but nevertheless I appreciated this. It was so warm and sweet.... 

Without thinking, I put my arm over her to keep her warm. I knew my coldness was counterproductive, but it was all I could offer her now.  Somehow, I fell asleep stroking her short hair with my large hand, which was almost twice as big as her head. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I jerked up suddenly. Something was wrong. Quickly sitting up, I felt for Hela to see if she was awake, but she was not where she was last night. 

"Child? Where are you, child?"  I called, though it was idiotic since my container was small and I would've seen her if she was really there. That was when I began to panick.

"Baby? Baby?"  I kept shouting as I stood up and walked to the edge of the cell. "Baby?" 

"Fatherly, are we?"  The Man of Iron's voice boomed through the room and I just wanted to facepalm at him hearing me shouting for a child. But now, I had to forget my pride and search for her.

"Where is the child?" I questioned impolitely.

"What freakin' child?"

"You know exactly who I am talking about! The little girl that someone left next to me yesterday night!"

"Dude, you had a nightmare. Have a drink and sleep it off."  He said sipping his drink and walking out again.

 So it was just a dream?

 Somehow, my hear ached as I realised Hela never existed.

 A/N:  I'm so sorry it took so long!!!! Please don't hate me if this chapter is crappy!!!

 But please comment, even if it's only to tell me how awful I am :(

 Woman_Of_Mischief