37/❤︎ʜᴀᴜɴᴛɪɴɢ ᴘᴀsᴛ❤︎

Anupama's POV:-

Anupama's POV:-

Only two days have left for Christmas so we are trying to get everything ready on time. Although Kolkata is known to celebrate the festival of Christmas very lavishly but I have never celebrated it before. So this is my first time celebrating this festival and my excitement level is the same as Advira who is running around the house with her brothers on her toe.

I have already bought gifts for everyone so I don't have to think about it. However, currently I am in hurry because of the early Christmas party we have arranged in our house. Mama Melody has already made Roasted Chicken, Mac & Cheese and Cranberry Pumpkin Cake for dinner while I have made Mughlai Biryani, Malai Prawan, Fish Fry, Garlic Naan and Aloo Paneer Tikka. But I still have to make Apple Pie which is requested by Olivia.

Finally after two hours of hardship, the Apple Pie is ready. I cover all the dishes and leave the kitchen to get ready for the cozy little party with our friends and family. Upon arriving at my bedroom I hurriedly get ready in some warm clothes. Suddenly, my phone starts ringing so I take it off from the charger and see that Baba is calling me.

"How are you feeling now Anupama?" Baba asks after I receive the call.

"I am good Baba. How are you and others doing?" I ask.

"We are good dear. Actually, I have something to tell you and that's why I have called you at this time." He replies making me realize that in India it must be very early in the morning right now.

"What's the matter, Baba? Is everything alright there?" I ask him worriedly.

"Everything is alright here, but I am quite worried about you Anupama." He replies with hesitation.

"But why are you worried about me Baba? I know dadabhai told you about the accident at the party but I am perfectly alright." I inform him. It still feels untrue to me that my father is trying to mend the broken relationship between us. However, I know he is not faking anything because I can feel the genuine concern in his voice.

"I am not talking about the accident at the party Anupama. I am talking about what happened three years ago. Don't you think it's time for you to reveal everything to Alessandro?" I nearly drop the phone after hearing Baba's words because I am not expecting him to bring out my past so suddenly. Still, I compose myself and decide to tell him about my fear.

"But Thakurmaa and Pishimaa has forbidden me to reveal the truth to anyone Baba. They have told me that if I said anything to anyone then I will be bringing bad luck to our family." I reply while trying to hold my tears from falling.

"Stop thinking about others Anupama and their orders. I know I have never been an ideal father to you and for that, I am always going to have a huge sense of guilt in me. But now when I am trying to make everything better between us, I don't want you to do the wrong by not telling your husband about your past. I don't think it will be a good idea to keep anything hidden from him." He explains but I don't think I am ready to expose anything yet.