15

Jeongyeon banged on the door in front of her.

She had stayed up all night, last night and daydreaming the whole day at the office, thinking of what she was going to do. She had finally gotten enough courage to drive to Nayeon's apartment to see her, to talk to her.

It was a rainy day, so she figured Nayeon would be home, she had to be home unless she was at Jihyo's or Mina and Sana's

Jeongyeon banged on the door once more but again, no one answered the door.

"She's not home," A voice said.

Jeongyeon turned to face an elderly lady, going into the apartment next door. She bowed a little to the woman.

"Do you know where she is?" Jeongyeon asked.

"She's probably at work," The elderly lady said.

Work!?

Jeongyeon cleared her throat, "Ahjumma, do you know where she works at?"

The elderly lady shook her head with a sorry expression.

"It's okay, ahjumma. Thank you,"

The elderly lady nodded bowing at her and head into her apartment.

Nayeon had a job?

Jeongyeon quickly pulled out her phone and dialed the one person she knew would give her the information she needed.

"I'm in a meeting, whatever you need, make it quick," Sana whispered as soon as she answered the phone.

"Why the hell do I have to find out that Nayeon have a job through her neighbour!?"

"Oh you found out?" Sana asked.

"Yah, Sana," Jeongyeon pressed.

"I told you that I wasn't going to get in the middle of your business. The last time I did, you got mad at me!"

"I need to talk to her. Where does she works at?"

"Jeongyeon-ah," Sana whined.

"Minatozaki Sana!"

"Seriously, you are so bipolar about this. Nayeon unnie will kill me if I tell you,"

"I will kill you if you don't tell me,"

There was a pause.

"I'm trying to make things right okay," Jeongyeon sighed.

Sana let out a huff, "I have got to go, but I'll text you the address,"

--

"Nayeon, take table number 4," The woman in her early 40s shouted from the back where she was cooking.

"Okay," Nayeon called back.

The day after she left Jeongyeon's place, she had gone back to one of the places that did offer her a job. She didn't care that she would have to be a waitress, as long as the job was paying, she was fine with it.

She managed to get a job in a small restaurant that was 4 blocks away from her apartment. Maybe she didn't make as much as she did when she worked as a dancer, but it was enough for now.

She approached table number 4. It was just one person but her face was being covered by the menu.

"What can I get for you?" Nayeon asked politely.

"I can't believe you're working as a waitress," Jeongyeon scoffed as she put the menu down.

"What are you doing here?" Nayeon asked in disbelief.