10

Nayeon wiped another tear that shed from her eyes. She had been lying on the hospital bed for what seem like forever.

When Jimin called the ambulance, she felt such panic that she has never felt before. When the doctor began to check her, she felt her heart drop.

She prayed to god that her baby was okay because if anything happened to Jeongyeon's little bug, she would never forgive herself. This was her fault, she had been pushing herself so hard during work just to pay off the debt. 

Jeongyeon warned her to not push herself.

God. What was Jeongyeon going to say to her.

There was a soft knock and Nayeon quickly turned to the direction of the door.

"Hey," Jeongyeon said softly as she slowly made her way to Nayeon.

Nayeon looked up at the ceiling instead and took a deep breathe.

"Nayeon," Jeongyeon said, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine," Nayeon mumbled.

"Nayeon, look at me," Jeongyeon told her.

Nayeon ignored that.

"Please look at me,"

Nayeon took a few second but then slowly turned to look at Jeongyeon.

"I signed the discharge papers, so you can go home. I sent Momo and Jihyo to get you some clothes so you can change. They should be here any minute now. DaChaeTzu are here. I don't know where, probably wandering around the hospital, but they're here. Mina and Sana could not get out of work, but they'll see you tonight, " Jeongyeon mumbled.

Nayeon felt her eyes weld up with tears.

Jeongyeon notice this, "Hey, it's okay. The doctor said the baby is going to be fine,"

"No it's not okay! I almost lost the baby, Jeongyeon! I almost lost our baby!" Nayeon practically yelled as she finally let out a sob.

Jeongyeon said nothing; instead she wrapped her arms around Nayeon and pulled her closer to her chest. She could hear Nayeon's sobs. Before entering the room, Jeongyeon had made up her mind to walk in and give Nayeon a piece of her. She was ready to yell at Nayeon, to tell her how careless she was being and that she had practically got her fired from her instructor job at Jimin's academy...but seeing her like this already broke Jeongyeon's heart, and she didn't want to add on to that.

"This is my fault," Nayeon cried.

"Hey, no, it's not," Jeongyeon said softly as hugged Nayeon tighter, "It's not your fault,"

She rested her chin on Nayeon's shoulder after softly kissing Nayeon's forehead, "Everything's okay now,"

Jeongyeon didn't know how long they had been in that position, she felt like she had been consoling Nayeon for hours. She didn't want her to feel like this, she wanted to blame Nayeon at first for not listening when she said to not push herself, but now she just wanted to hold her and make her feel better.

It wasn't until Jihyo and Momo walked in with the maknaes that they pulled away; the two had brought clothes for Nayeon. Once Nayeon had changed out of her hospital gown, the doctor came in and gave Nayeon a strict instruction to lay off work for a few weeks and to have bed rest for the next few days.

Jeongyeon helped Nayeon in the car before she started it. She began to drive down the familiar streets, but every now and then she would glance at Nayeon, who rested her forehead against the window with her eyes closed.

It wasn't until Jeongyeon shut off the engine that Nayeon opened her eyes.

"Why are we here?" Nayeon asked.