17

Nayeon tapped her foot impatiently, she looked around the waiting room she was in, there were a lot of baby pictures and cartoons. Nayeon let out a frustrated sigh and looked at her watch again. It was 11:05 AM.

"Come on now. It's Yoo Jeongyeon, what were you expecting?" Nayeon muttered to herself.

"Ms. Im, doctor will see you now," A nurse told her.

Nayeon nodded and the nurse led her to a very familiar room with a very familiar young doctor waiting for her inside.

"Ms. Im, It's good to see you again," Dr. Lee smiled.

"You too," Nayeon said with a small smile.

The nurse helped Nayeon onto the bed, although she didn't need it. Nayeon laid back and watched as the nurse pulled up her shirt up to her upper stomach. The doctor applied the cold gel onto Nayeon's stomach as the nurse got the sonogram machine ready.

"So, on your chart; it says that you're about four months along now?" Dr. Lee smiled at Nayeon, "I got some good news and bad news for you. Which one do you want first?"

"Bad. I guess."

"Bad news is that, within the next few months you are going to start getting major cravings, bloating and kicking. Lots of them," She said.

Nayeon just chuckled.

"And you will start showing," The doctor smiled.

"Duly noted. What about the good news?" Nayeon asked.

"Today, we'll finally find out the sex of your baby,"

"Really!?" Nayeon smiled.

Dr. Lee nodded, "So, is it just you today?"

The smile on Nayeon's face fell a little.

"Yeah," Nayeon cleared her throat, "It's just me,"

"Okay then, let's get started," Dr. Lee said.

The doctor took the sonogram machine and placed the device on Nayeon's stomach. She moved it around a bit until an image appeared on the screen. 

Nayeon was familiar with this image.

It was her baby,

Jeongyeon's little bug.

"Ah, there's your baby," The doctor said, "Seems to be hiding,"

Nayeon braced herself.

The doctor moved the device once more, "Ms. Im, you're having—,"

A knock on the door interrupted the doctor. The door opened and Jeongyeon appeared as she entered the room.

"Sorry, I'm late," Jeongyeon muttered as she closed the door behind her, "I have back to back meetings today and I had to sneak out on one now," She said to Nayeon, chuckling on the last part.

"No, don't be sorry. Please come in," Dr. Lee smiled, "You made it just in time,"

"Just in time? Just in time for what?" Jeongyeon asked as she made her way next to Nayeon.

"I was about to tell the sex of your baby,"

"Oh," Jeongyeon turned to Nayeon.

"Well?" Nayeon practically squealed.

"You're having... a baby girl,"

Jeongyeon let out a small squeal but remains speechless. She watched as Nayeon let out a toothy smile, showing her bunny teeth in excitement and listened to the doctors instructions for the next few months. It wasn't until a few minutes later that the doctor excited the room to leave Nayeon to clean herself up.