SLASH - 2

MY DEAREST FRIENDfluffi figured you guys could usea break, so thisone starts off sad but getssweeter as it goes on!✟

MY DEAREST FRIEND
fluff
i figured you guys could use
a break, so this
one starts off sad but gets
sweeter as it goes on!

Y/N sat alone on her couch, with no company except her little cat, Mr. Mistoffelees, whose soft fur she mindlessly stroked as he purred gratefully beneath her hand. Today was a bit off an off day for her; although Breakfast at Tiffany's played on the television, her mind was elsewhere. It had been about a week since she last saw her best friend, Saul, and she wondered why he had been avoiding her. She hadn't done anything wrong, or at least she hoped she hadn't

She suddenly snapped back to reality when she heard a desperate knock at the door. She rolled her eyes, annoyed that she would have to leave her seat. However, the annoyed look left her face immediately when she opened the door to reveal a rather distressed looking Slash. His strong arms wrapped around her smaller frame tightly, and a small whimper left his lips. Y/N reached behind him to shut the door, before returning his embrace. 

After a few moments, she lead him towards the couch and had him sit down beside her. She brushed a few curls away from his tender visage, only to reveal his sorrow-filled eyes. "They say the most beautiful eyes have cried the most tears, and you, my friend, have proven that statement to be true. Now tell me," She cupped his face in her hands. "What's wrong?"

"I can't tell you that," Saul's voice broke with each word. "I just really needed to see you."

Y/N frowned. "Well I should hope so, I haven't seen you all week."

Slash hung his head. "I'm really sorry Y/N, I just can't be around you sometimes..." He admitted. Those words hurt her deeply. She pulled her hands away from his face, only for him to take them into his own, and give them a light squeeze. "It's not your fault, it's mine." His lip quivered, "I'm so fucking stupid..."

Y/N's eyebrows slanted, giving her a look of worry. "Saul... You have to tell me what's wrong." He simply shook his head, refusing to say what was on his mind. "Please..."

Finally, he looked up at her; his deep brown eyes stared into her own, making her feel almost intimidated by their intensity. "Y/N the next thing I say could ruin our friendship, and I'm really sorry..." He sighed deeply before speaking again. "Y/N, I'm in love with you." 

Her eyes widened, as her lips formed a tiny smile. "Really?"

"That's not a good thing." He wept, making her frown again. "You know what happens whenever I get into a relationship with someone. I always fuck it up somehow and I can't let that happen again, not with you. I won't lose you Y/N, I can't. I need you."

Y/N pulled him into a warm embrace and he buried his face into her neck. One hand rubbed his back, while the other mindlessly played with his hair. "Do you really mean all that?" She asked quietly.

"Have I ever lied to you?"

She smiled softly and pulled away from the embrace but only by a little, just enough so she could look at him. "Saul, you and I have been through so much together. We've seen each other at our lowest and stood by each other every step of the way. I love you, Saul, and I'm willing to try if you are."

Slash grinned and pressed his soft lips to hers, capturing them in a sweet kiss. They stayed like that for a while, just holding each other tenderly and expressing their affection for one another. Until of course, Mr. Mistoffelees butted in and made himself comfortable on Saul's lap. They both looked down at the cat, then at each other again before sharing a laugh.