IZZY STRADLIN - 10

THE ENDLESS RHOADSangsty fluffrequested by hughesharryso sorry this took so long but I hope you enjoy it!also, i'm finally on tumblr!let me know if you want me tostart posting on there!my user is sobleedstherose✟

THE ENDLESS RHOADS
angsty fluff
requested by hughesharry
so sorry this took so long but 
I hope you enjoy it!
also, i'm finally on tumblr!
let me know if you want me to
start posting on there!
my user is sobleedstherose

I couldn't even remember the last time I had seen, Y/N. I hated going so long without seeing any of my friends, but Y/N was different. She was special in a way that no one ever was or ever could be. To me, she was irreplaceable. And so when she hadn't spoken to me for a week, my fear and concern grew quickly.

I had an idea of what could push her to shut everyone out, she hadn't been the same since the death of her boyfriend, Randy Rhoads. It had been months since his passing, but I was sure it felt like mere days to poor, Y/N. She loved him dearly, as much as he loved her.

Never in my life had I seen a couple more in love than them, so when Randy passed, it practically broke her.

I did my best to comfort her but there was only so much I could do, only so little words could say. She was practically inconsolable, but I refused to give up. I would never give up on my Y/N, never.

It was evening when I arrived at her apartment, and I was lucky enough that she buzzed me in. I couldn't help rushing up the stairs as the elevator was broken and I wanted to see her as soon as possible. I almost tripped on my way up but I paid little to no attention to that. My focus was on Y/N and Y/N only.

Once I had made it to her floor, I rushed down the hall toward her apartment door, the door of the apartment she had once shared with Randy. It was left unlocked as an invitation for me to come in, and when I did, my eyes were met with the sight of Y/N on the couch with tears in her eyes, surrounded by photos of her and the man she loved. I very slowly shut the door as not to disturb her mourning and quietly approached her. 

I took a good look at her; her eyes were red and wet with tears, and underneath were purple bags to show just how tired she was. She looked weak and almost frail, and she moved very slowly. I was sure her grief was very draining both mentally and physically, and by the looks of her, she'd been like this for days.

I very gently took her smaller hand in mine, rubbing the back of it with my thumb to offer some sort of subtle comfort.

"I miss him so much, Izzy..." She wept softly. "I wish I'd died with him."

"No. No, Y/N, no don't say that." I squeezed her hand a little tighter, partially for my own sake. "It would break his heart if he heard you say that. You know that."

"I just hate being alone like this! I hate it, I hate it so much!" She tightly hugged herself and I stood up to join her on the couch. I pulled her into my chest and held her tightly, nice and close. She didn't return my embrace, instead she buried her face her face in my chest and sobbed, and though the fabric of my shirt somewhat muffled her, it wasn't enough to drown out her cries. My hand entangled in her hair, gently massaging her scalp while my other hand ran up and down her back.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry." We'd gone through this many times before, but I didn't care. I didn't care how long it would take until she felt at least somewhat better again. I would be with her every step of the way. 

"He was my soulmate, Iz... I'll never love someone like that again... No one will ever love me like that again..."

Hearing her say those words broke my heart even more. "Don't say that, Y/N. I promise you you'll love again, and many others will love you just the same. I promise."

She pulled away from my chest to meet my gaze. "But I've lost the love of my life..."

"But your life isn't over yet." I cupped her cheek, my thumb gently running across the soft skin. "Y/N, I don't think anyone ever really gets over their first love, but there's a reason they're your first love, and not your only, or your last. I'm not telling you not to mourn Randy, but try not to see it as the end of your story, but as the end of the first chapter. Just because we continue to the next chapter doesn't mean we forget the first. We learn from it, cherish it, remember it fondly, but most of all, we don't stop reading." Y/N looked down, a few tears streamed down her cheeks which I quickly wiped away. "You and I both know Randy would want you to be happy no matter what."

"He did always say that my happiness was his." She nodded slowly. "He was so good to me... I think I'll always love him." She mumbled softly.

"I know you will. But just remember to save a little love for the rest of the world." I smiled at her, hoping to get some sort of positive response from her. It had been so long since I had seen her look genuinely happy. Slowly but surely she returned my smile. "There's that pretty smile. I missed that."

She giggled half-heartedly and I could tell she still wasn't quite herself, but I knew that this was the first big step in a long journey to emotional recovery, and I would be with her every step of the way.

Because I loved her.