IZZY STRADLIN - 9

DON'T YOU CRY TONIGHTfluffrequested by duffsgroupie_i really REALLY hope this isn'ttoo similar to other imaginesbecause i HATE repeating storylines but i do hope y'all enjoyregardless!✟

fluff
requested by duffsgroupie_
i really REALLY hope this isn't
too similar to other imagines
because i HATE repeating story
lines but i do hope y'all enjoy
regardless!

I hated working late and leaving Y/N alone for so long, but I had no choice if I planned to keep a roof over our heads, and I do.

We were finishing up Don't Cry, something Axl and I had been working on for a while but decided to keep off of Appetite and Lies as it seemed unfitting. It seemed to fit just right however on our newest album and Axl wanted to get it just right. Although his passion for near perfection was admirable it was also often very time-consuming and therefore annoying and led to everyone having to stay at the studio well past quitting time. Luckily tonight wasn't as godawful as usual and I got to come home at a time that didn't require an overly extravagant apology to Y/N, which I highly appreciated since our kitchen counter was practically covered with all sorts of bouquets.

I stepped out of the car and walked towards the door, the keys in my hand jingling with every step I took. My footsteps were quick, I was more than eager to see my beautiful Y/N and actually spend some time with her instead of mumbling: "Hi, sorry I'm late, love you, goodnight" before falling asleep.

I twisted the lock open and stepped inside, expecting to see Y/N somewhere on the downstairs floor but she was nowhere to be seen. I looked around for a note or something that mentioned her going out but found nothing.

"Y/N? I'm home, baby!" I called out, but still no answer.

I climbed the stairs, hoping she hadn't passed out before my arrival and was simply in the shower or something, but my suspicions were proven to be incorrect when I heard the gentle cries of a woman slipping through the underside of our bedroom door. My heart dropped instantly and I rushed into the room to find Y/N on the bed, looking up at me with a spooked expression. I hadn't meant to scare her but my speed couldn't be helped when I heard the weeps of the woman I loved.

She quickly wiped the tears from her eyes and adjusted her posture. "Izzy! You scared me." She smiled softly but her eyes held that same sadness. I said nothing as I walked toward her. "I see the rose let you off early today, that's good, you must have been doing something right." She giggled half-heartedly but stopped completely when my arms wrapped around her. I held her close to my chest, my chin resting on the top of her head. She was silent for a few moments until I heard a small shakey whimper and felt tiny, hot tears dampen my shirt.

"What's wrong, my love?" I spoke softly, not wanting to disturb her again, but her cries increased. She sobbed loudly into my chest and clung tightly to me. My heart broke with every whimper and wail that spilled from her lips, my arms tightened around her, trying to offer some form of comfort. It was then that I remembered the one thing that never failed to calm my Y/N down. 

I gently stroked her hair and began humming quietly in her perfect ear. "Don't you cry tonight, I still love you, baby..." I sang softly, not wanting to disturb her, but still wanting to comfort her. "Don't you cry tonight..." My vocals would never be up to par with Axl's, but they seemed to be doing the trick in comforting her. "Don't you cry tonight, there's a heaven above you baby..." Her sobs slowly but surely died down, as did her shaking, but she still clung to me and I heard a few small whimpers escape. "Please don't cry, darling, I promise everything is going to be okay... I promise... Please don't cry..." I pleaded gently.

"I'm so sorry, Izzy..." Her voice was small and shaky.

"Don't apologize my love..." I reassured her and kissed the top of her head. "Tell me what's wrong, angel. Please?"

"I dunno what's wrong with me, Iz..." She sniffled. "I just... I dunno I don't feel right... I'm so sorry, Izzy, I promise you make me happy and I love and appreciate you and everything you do for me, I promise!" She started sobbing again and I quickly hushed her. 

"No no no, don't be sorry, baby, I understand... I understand." I pulled her face away from my chest so that I could look into her tear-sparkled eyes. "You don't ever have to apologize for the way you feel, okay? You're allowed to feel bad, I won't be upset. You're okay, I promise." I kissed her forehead and she curled up into me once more.

"Hold me. Please hold me."

I nodded gently and held her close.

"Anything for you, doll."