Chapter Thirty Six

This chapter is dedicated to my readers out there because honestly, I'm really glad you guys see it read worthy💕😘

Secondly, the year is coming to an end and.... We'll be done soon😇💕💕... Hopefully!

And, I just published a book, 'Know You'. Go check it out💕

Without further ado, let's get right to it.
*Picture of Akum above💓💓*

AKUM°~

I finally manage to convince Waje to come to class and she does. Reaching there, I see most people already running down for the morning assembly. Only Matthew and Noah still stay in the class. Matthew sits, reading, while Noah puts his head on the table and stares at whatever on his laps.

I help Waje to her seat and she settles on it. I help her with my government text book and she studies it for the test. I pity her so much. I mean, she is badly bruised and her face is battered. Her eyes are swollen and no matter how much makeup, it takes only a hurt person to see another.

I leave her there and head on to my seat. Consciously, I notice Noah stand from his seat and turn off his phone. I notice him walk up to me but I pretend to not even know he's alive.

"Akum..."

I look up from my government notebook and see Noah standing before me. He looks super hot today but I don't even want to tell him that. His hair is expectedly neatly done, his uniform perfect and his whole stature, ravishing.

I am so mad at him till now so I ignore all his perfect features, no matter how tempting. He's been a total jerk.

"Akum, look. It was all a mistake. You - " he tries to say, in a calming tone. I don't even look up at him while he speaks.

"Noah, you don't need to explain anything to me!" I interrupt immediately and then look up at him. "After all, we don't have an actual thing, right?" I ask but don't even wait for his reply but dig my head back into my notebook. Nervousness grows in me and I know I'm being over dramatic but I can't seem to get over the fact that Noah Thompson and Chantelle were together. As in.. What else should I think?

He stands quiet before me for a moment. He doesn't say another word and neither do I. I keep flipping pages, Noah staring down at me. I totally ignore him and murmur words from my book to myself.

I see Noah turn and sit down on Chantelle's sit, just beside me. I don't budge still, but I swear, his perfume is hypnotic. He's so close to me and my heartbeat races. I want to shift a bit but there's a big possibility I'll end up on the floor.

"I said I'm sorry... I swear it's not what you think. You know Chantelle and I are nothing im.." he tries to explain and I don't even give him the chance to finish his statement, when I interrupt.

"I know. But what should I do, Noah?" I ask and roll my eyes at him.

"Say something. I know you aren't okay!" he states. I sigh.

"Noah Thompson, I swear I'm okay and really busy right now. Could you leave?" I ask, facing him this time. I stare at him, eyeball to eyeball.

Can I stop talking already? I am hurting myself with my own words but I just can't get over the fact that he was with Chantelle and... He didn't even go after me when I ran out of the class. Who knew when he would've spoken to me if I didn't come to class? It's almost like I'm at his mercy or something and I'm so pissed...

"Noah, please leave. I - "

It takes just a split second for Noah Thompson to give me a kiss. As in, a lip kiss for real. I widen my eyes in shock at his guts.