Chapter Seven

Akum's POV

My secrets are extraordinary,
They are beautiful.

The plane lands and I get my things off, clear myself and stand in the airport with a sign saying 'Your Black Skinned Sister.' I smile as passers by chuckle at my cardboard and others rather take pictures of which I don't resist.

Its what K. C and Lindsay call me at times. Black skinned sister although I always prefer chocolate.

I keep looking around and waiting for them impatiently. I can't wait to meet them and drown in a pool of burgers and pancakes and mist of all, hugs and kisses.

"O. M. G!" I hear two familiar voices come my way.

"Lindsay!! K.C!!" I yell at the top of my voce and dump the cardboard on the floor and run down all the way to them.

"We missed you so much," they both say and squeeze me in the tight hug.

"Its so great to see you two," I gush in excitement as we hug tightly, all three of us together and our perfumes creating a strong irresistible scent.

"I know right. Its been such a long time. You look so big and you're so beautiful. Oh my freaking God. Your hair is to die for!" K. C exclaims as they both run their hands through my hair, their faces fill with excitement.

"Thanks," I smile.

"Your skin....oh, it's so gorgeous and smooth. We're definitely taking a picture," Lindsay praises and pulls out her camera from her bag  and hands it to some random teenage girl.

"Cheese!" We all chorus and the picture is taken.

"I look fat," K.C complains.

"Forget fat. Dark Barbie here is luscious. Baby girl, you are a darn traffic stopper," Lindsay says and hangs her camera on her neck.

"Thanks,"

"Let's go." K. C says and we walk over to the parking lot, loading my boxes into her car and driving off immediately.

                           °°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"So, how's aunty Cecilia and uncle Thomas? I hope they're good," K. C probes as we settle on the couch for a movie and some chitchat.

"Dem dey o! We just dey manage." I reply.

"Abi?" Lindsay laughs and pours in some more juice into the glasses.

"So, do you plan on telling them soon? You've spent over a million naira on this. Are you - "

"Lin, I'm sure. Its my dream. They just want me to be like them but in don't want to. They are my parents, not my God or something. I have my passion and I don't think I care if they accept it," I shake my head.

"Well, okay. I phoned Freddy earlier and we can start your shoot tomorrow, after which we could begin recording your song the day after. Speaking of, let's hear it,"

"No. I'm shy,"I blush.

"In front of your light skinned sisters?" K. C asks, raising a brow.

"Na you sabi." I roll my eyes and they burst out laughing.

"No, seriously. We want to hear it. I'm definitely gonna ship it," Lin cheers, flipping her beautiful pink coloured hair to her back.

"Okay," I shrug and grab the wireless microphone and turn it on.

"Here it goes. Don't you dare open your mouth to laugh!" I warn with a stern look.

"Promise," They both cross their hearts.