Chapter Sixteen

This chapter is dedicated to iWrite01
The winner of the last mini contest on my message board. Check her out.

Let's get down to it, anyways.

Akum°~

My secrets are extraordinary,
They are beautiful.

"Alright, we shopped too much!" I admit to Aunt Zara and she chuckles.

"Pick you by....." she trails off.

"Two," I complete and close the door. I wave and she drives off.

I walk into the school gate and as expected, everyone is getting ready for sports. I run upstairs to SS2 class and luckily, I meet Abim.

We grab our sports wear and head to the toilet to change.

"So, Ozor is attending the black shark and not Noah?" I ask as I stick my leg into one hole of my sweat pants.

"Yup! Plus....Noah isn't so happy about that but I'm not sure what the i-don't-care-face is all about," she replies and we both step out of our different stalls together.

"That's not okay. Knowing Noah, he is bound to throw a fit but I guess he'll still be substituting and the cheerleaders will be there. It's just a week to it, anyways," I shrug as we both pack our things and head out of the toilet together.

"Excuse me, Akum. The literature teacher said I should call you immediately," Regina says to me.

I groan before letting out a sigh and running upstairs once again after all the stress it took me to get down. I abandon Abim and leave.

"Your class will be having a debate with the SS3 class next week,"

What?

"I don't want any arguments. You people can save it for later. Since you people have decided to create a big wall to divide yourselves, why don't we bridge you guys together?" she smirks.

"What do you mean, ma?" Chinenye asks.

Apparently, we are the only ones standing in the middle of the huge staff room with Miss Uju behind her desk, her little glasses on her face and landing smoothly on the bridge of her nose. She bends a little to stare at the both of us and I just cough a little. For a woman in her late twenties, she sure acts weird.

"Your two classes will be having a debate and then we can see who actually deserves a win or upper hand in your little beef," she scoffs  at the mention of 'beef'.

Silence prevails in the room for a moment as she rummages through a pile of papers by her left and I just stand still, slowly tapping my feet to the beat of Jericho by Simi and Patoranking that plays in her phone. She looks up once again, stares at us and then laugh loudly before clearing her throat and speaking up with a smile on her pretty face. Pretty because Tuesday is one of the blessed days she decides to put makeup.

"So, the the topic......" she pauses and looks into a paper yet again. "Ahem...the topic of the debate is the senior secondary two deserves the posts of prefectship in the school's system," she beams.

Wait! What?

"Ma, its not - " I start.

"So, we SS3's will be for SS3's, right?" Chinenye rudely interrupts with a smirk.

"Oh no, sweetheart. That's where the interesting part comes in. SS2 will defend SS3 while SS3 defends SS2," she smirks and laughs loudly once again.