Chapter Ten

Abim's POV°~

The minutes pass by faster than expected and Miss Betty's class was just a playground for Israel. I literally laughed through the whole thing.

The next period is chemistry and the arts students pack their dictionaries of textbooks and are about to leave when all of a sudden, Principal Louis walks into the class with the same boy and girl from earlier in English class.

The girl is fair, somewhat short and really pretty. Her skin is almost golden and she has curly brown hair which she packed roughly in a bun. Guessing from her looks, I'd say she isn't totally Nigerian. Perhaps mixed or even from a different country entirely. She totally slays the white ripped jean and electric blue crop top she has on, only it'll be gone before she knows it.

As for the boy, he is the second version of Noah Thompson. Tall, handsome, fair and just like the girl, has a unique hair texture. Casually, he has on a white T shit and black sweats.

What made me drool the most is their contacts. They have hazel brown contacts somewhat highlighted with golden and a touch of brown. It is stunning and makes them look annoyingly perfect, standing out from the rest of us...typical Nigerian pikins.

The science students stand in the front as Principal Louis starts.

"Good morning, SS2 students,"

"Good morning sir," we all chorus, staring at the new faces, some with smiles and others bored.

"I'll introduce before you people drool to death. This is Noel Waje Celestine and Nathan Ozor Celestine. They are twins and new members of your rebellious class. I'd even prefer they be in SS3 than this your class sef," he says and we all groan from his insults.

Immediately, Israel starts clapping and awkwardly, we all join in too, having no choice. I am sure Israel is already setting plans on wooing her and I just chuckle at the thought of it.

"Nnaji is not in school?" he asks and we shake our heads in response of a no.

"In that case, when she's back, tell her I want to see her. In the meantime, I want Israel and Matthew to get extra chairs from the store room. Noah and Adam, I believe you two are supposed to be on suspension?" he asks.

"Sir, I - "

"Both of you shut up and meet me in my office during break. Science students, you can leave and as for you arts, I don't want to hear even a needle from this class," he says.

The science students leave the class and just then, someone walks in.

"Chantelle!" I scream in excitement and jump from my seat to hug her.

"Abim," she whispers as we drift and stare with smiles on our faces.

"Chantelle, come to zaddy," Israel says as he stands up. She just laughs at typical Israel and drops her bag on her seat.

Chantelle Sean. The snow white of Crimson High and the last girl in the clique. Chantelle, Abim and I have been friends for forever. Forever meaning, when Chantelle arrived in SS1. She is actually biracial, her mum from Africa, Nigeria and her dad from California. Although, they're separated and she's currently living with her aunty. She took a week break from school to visit her father in California and probably arrived days ago but chilled at home.

"Who are these?" she asks, referring to the newbies of SS2.

"New students" I mouth to her, trying to prevent things from getting awkward.

"Hi, I'm Chantelle Sean. You can call me Shanny," she extends her hand to the girl that just stands in front of the class with her traffic stopping brother.