Chapter Three

Akum's POV°~

My secrets are extraordinary,
They are beautiful.

I bring out my civic education textbook and place it on the table as Abim keeps crunching her Pringles. A little note falls out of it and I sigh, the face of Noah Thompson replaying in my head and how he pulled and ripped my note last week. I look up at Abim, licking her hands and taking another mouthful of the Pringle that stood in her hand. She smiles and chuckles before licking her thumb and I turn away from her back to face my notebook.

"Let's study," I offer and turn to her once more. She crunches one more time and swallows before speaking up, her eyes pale all of a sudden. She sighs.

"Study ni, study ko," she rolls her eyes and hisses, munching loudly on what she referred to as her "stress reliever". That is one typical of Abimbola Rosemary. Food addict that's as lean as a stick.

"Or, you want to repeat SS2?" I ask and she shakes her head immediately and joins me at my table. I smile in triumph and hand her her notebook.

"Constitution can be defined as.." I start.

"I swear Mr. Nicholas in class today eh.." she laughs and tosses the empty container of Pringles into the bin and gets another from my bag.

"That man is annoying, I swear,"

"Abi." she laughs harder and gets me really annoyed. I know exactly where she is heading. First, she is going to tease me, then tease and tease.

"A set of laid down principles.." I continue.

"Noah and Akum sitting on a tree..." she sings with a mischievous smile on her lips.

"Don't complete it!" I yell in anger.

"K. I. S. S. I. N. G." she completes it and my cheeks flush red with anger as I ball my palm into fists and scream.

"Abim!" I scold.

"That's my name," she responds teasingly and nudges my shoulder.

"Let's study," I continue.

"But ,wait o! I have an idea. You'll love it," she snaps and plays her signature mischievous smile on her lips, twisting her brown curly hair with her finger.

I roll my eyes, tired of hearing her unstoppable nonsense.

"Don't you want to hear?" she asks, closing my notebook.

I sigh, giving up. "What?"

"Ehen! What if you and Noah play it?"

"Play what?" I ask, raising a brow and grabbing a can of Pringles myself.

"The boyfriend and girlfriend,"

"You must be joking," I snarl and shake my head, tossing two pieces into my mouth and enjoying the hot and spicy flavour. Soon, I join her in licking my fingers.

"No, seriously. He's into you, you're into him.."

"Haven't you been listening to me all this while? I don't want anybody disturbing me that's why I need a fake boyfriend." I say, stressing the fake. I sigh. "Not somebody that will come and be doing like we have been married for ten years and counting. With children, even," I slump my shoulders. "And for the record, I don't like Noah. He's so weird and annoying,"

"Is he, now?" she laughs and plays her smirk once again.

She's messing with me.

"It's like it is slap you want, Abim!" I threaten, raising my right hand.