Chapter Fifty Two

Thank y'all for 88 votes on chapter one so far. If you read this book without voting, please just a spam would do. If you've been voting all along, I appreciate and respect you so much😥💞

Also, this chapter is dedicated to a new reader, hameelahh . I hope you enjoy💞💞
And thanks for the votes!💕💕

Let's dive right to it!

Picture of Noah above
💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞

AKUM'S POV°~

The breeze pulling at the strands of my hair and giving me the chills... Goosebumps against my skin and my face to the overwhelming cold on a Saturday morning. All my life, a visit to Transcorp has never felt this good before. Talk more of the fact that I'm spending it with someone like Noah. Heaven's great remedy for a damsel in distress.

"It's great to see you again, after yesterday's hassle," he says smoothly and grabs my body in a hug. "You look stressed,"

"Honest, Noah..." I start with a half shrug and lower my head, shoving my hands in my hoodie pockets. "It's impossible getting over it. How do you manage a smile?"

"Come on, let's go in," he cuts me off and grabs my hand in his, leading me inside the building. It's large, lit and beautiful. Not to talk of expensive, given the large menu. The larger the menu, the better the restaurant. Fact!

"Just a cup of hot cappuccino. Little sugar," I say and return the menu, averting my gaze to Noah as I study him slowly. He has on a green sweater and black jeans, his hair black and beautiful as always, and a little smile on his face. Surprisingly, it doesn't look fake nor forced.

"Same," he says and the lady walks away. He turns to me and I cough a little, noticing how intense I've been staring at him.

"You look beautiful,"

I look up to see his face concentrated on mine, smoky black eyes fixated on me. I shake my head, tapping my fingers restlessly on the table and then I set my palms down flat on the table and just stare into nothing. I think I zoned out, even.

"You don't seem alright," he says.

"Who is, Noah? I mean, she just died. Everyone is traumatized. I - You don't expect me to look okay. Noah, I - "

I take in a deep breath and stand up from the chair. He stares up at me and I roll my eyes, sitting back down. As I said, I've been so restless. "Noah, you don't understand. You - "

"I understand perfectly well, Jenny. I lost a friend too, you know,"

"No, you don't understand it. It's not only a friend I'm going to be losing. I'm losing my parents too," I say and sigh to myself. "And from the looks, I'm bound to lose a boyfriend soon," I add and sigh.

"What?"

"What is she doing here?" I ask as Shade approaches us with an annoying smirk on her lips which is crimson and makeup like it was baked heavily to her face. She has on a mini red dress and a black sequin purse and looks like she's going for a NYC runway show... Only she's not.

"Hey, ex!"

"Shade, what are you doing here? Are you stalking us now?" Noahs asks and she bursts out laughing and keeps tapping his shoulders. I scoff in annoyance.

"Don't flatter yourself too much, Noah Thompson. You know I don't play around like a child..." she trails off and I swear I notice her eye me silently. "I was here for a photoshoot but then I found you two love birds and decided to ruin the fun! So, where do I start?" she smiles, eyes averting to Noah and I quickly as she bats her dark deep long fixed eyelashes. Even her face looks fake!