Chapter Twenty Four

This chapter is dedicated to Iceeeee_thatwriter
A winner of a contest on my message board. Please check that account out and follow❤❤🎶❤❤🎶❤❤🎶

Secondly, we reached 1k a week ago and I forgot to thank you guys. Now, we're at 1.5k
Happy dance 💃💃💃💃🕴🕴🕴🕴💃💃💃💃

Third, shout out to everyone reading this book because y'all are awesome!

Let's finish business.

*Chantelle's picture above*

~°AKUM°~
My secrets are extraordinary,
They are beautiful.

Why did Noah ask me that? Why?

I look up at him and he doesn't even smile or laugh or anything... He just sits there with the most serious face he's got.

🎶My baby mama one time (yah)

🎶Girl na you dey make my temperature dey rise

"You know I dated Nonso, right?" I ask, slowly taking in the ice cream once again.

🎶🎶If you leave me, I go die (I swear)

"You can't date a guy you've never kissed," he says and I feel that brain freeze once again.

"Point is?" I ask, raising a brow.

🎶🎶You are like the oxygen I need to survive..

"Have you ever thought about it?" he asks again, inanely serious this time.

"My ice cream is melting," I say, trying to avoid his question by stuffing my mouth with the meltingbutstillsocold ice cream.

"But your mouth isn't," he replies and for a second I think of a response. Finding it hard to get one, I speak up.

"Noah, what is even your business?" I ask plainly.

"Nothing. Just that....." he trails off, looking downward.

"Just what?" I spit, wanting to know why.

A long silence sweeps our table as neither of us says a word. We don't even take the ice cream again but we just sit. I enjoy the breeze and the scenery of the moon, lit gloriously and making this romantic place a perfect one for a romantic moonlight drawing.

I tap my feet on the floor, following the rhythm of the song that comes on now, which is beamer by Rema. Noah just sits, his hand to his hoodie pockets and all strands of his curly hair stand at attention but falling weakly with the gel that brought them together. Noah looks stunning this evening and even if I don't appreciate things much, let's make Noah's hair a subject for exception. You have to thank me, Noah Thompson!

I want to speak again and ask him about the rumors that have been leaking through the school groups but I rebuke myself. The thought lingers on and on in me and after much thought, I bring myself to do it.

"Rumors... " I start casually, looking up at him. "The rumors...." I continue and he looks up at me suddenly like he didn't hear me the first time.

"What rumors?" he asks, staring.

"The ones about....." I pause and look around, feeling heavenly awkward about asking him this kind of thing, so plainly.

"The one's about...." he trails off, tilting his head a little bit.

"About you...." I continue, looking downward again.

"About me..." he trails off, urging me to continue.