Chapter Thirty One

This chapter is dedicated to _Victoria_yemi
Thanks for all the lovely comments and votes. I'm glad you enjoy this book💖💖

Second, we have three more chapters to go. I promised five, remember?

*Picture of Akum above*

~°NOAH °~

Last night didn't go so well but I plan to put it all behind me, even if I feel sad for some reason. I man, don't we all at some point...

Akum hasn't said a word since yesterday, this morning, and I doubt she is, after completely snubbing her message yesterday. I didn't want to, and I didn't mean to either but it just hurt because...... Why?

Few minutes ago she was in here and the last glance she gave before walking out surely meant a lot. I'm surely going to find out what's wrong but I'm not sure she'll say. I know her.

The bell for sports rings and I change into my gym clothes and leave the boys restroom in the hurry, leaving the rest in deafening noises and gossip as they loudly talk about random stuff. Most especially, girls they admire from afar.

Principal Louis announced earlier that we will be having our inter house sport this term and I guess he will address it this morning, judging from the banners of the houses the SS3's bring into the field.

Students and pupils run it the field immediately. Teachers too, and honestly, I doubt anybody is even genuinely happy about this. Neither am I, though.

I see Abim walking into the field alone, her student's handbook in her hand even if it will be of no use today. She was with Akum just few minutes ago. She walks towards the line and stops at the empty space a little in front of me, a somewhat sad experession bothering her face.

"Where's she?" I ask as she stands in the SS2 girl's line which is barely up to ten students now. Typical of everyone to chose to come late today.

"Please don't go to her. It's - "

"Where's she?" I ask again, more sincerely and concerned this time. I'm fully convinced something is wrong.

"In the restroom," she replies with a little shrug and I nod. I don't even wait for her to stop me, but I rush out of the field immediately, trying to avoid the teachers on duty.

I manage to get into the second building after lying that I forgot something and I run through countless number of stairs just to get to the female restroom.

I knock gently on the door but no one answers. It's a big risk doing what I'm about to but I guess it's worth it. Definitely.

No reply comes in and I slowly open the door, shocked at the scene that greets my eyes with displeasure.

"Go away!" she yells as she looks up at me with rage in her tone.

"But you're bleeding!" I yell in a distressed tone, my eyes popped out in shock.

"It's not your business, Noah!" she spits, tears still streaming down her face. I am in no position to leave her in such state. She looks so miserable right now.

"It's my business!" I say and grab a leaf from the pack of serviette's, walking closer to her.

"I said leave me alone!" she snorts once again and I don't get why she's being so difficult when she's not okay. Is it because of yesterday?

"So, you're okay?" I ask sarcastically.

"Yes! Leave!" she replies and keeps cleaning the blood as it escapes down her nose, her eyes leaking and flooding her face with tears, almost swelling her cheeks up, her eyes deeply reddened and difficult to stare at, no matter how hard I try.