Chapter 5: One's Choice.

*Hayden's POV*

It's a good thing it was Thursday which made it only one more day left for me to sleep extra long hours and do nothing but what I enjoy doing. I must say I do love my weekends because I get to stay away from the outside world and I feel more comfortable indoors where I'm safe and can never get harmed.

I might be the best in books at this school, but that doesn't mean my life depended on it. There are times when all I do is eat and watch TV, cartoons to be specific. Yes I love cartoons and supernatural movies, but I would rather spend time watching cartoons. I believe that this world is filled with mysteries, not even the greatest scientist or astronomers can understand or even find. Sometimes the truth is right in front of us, but we fail to believe what is meant to be and we do what is not meant to be.

That I believe is the greatest cause of disagreements, because we can have one person telling us the right thing to do but because we feel there's something better than that option, we choose to stray, don't get me wrong though, sometimes some persons are right but not all the time it's good to walk into what was not destined for us.

I always try to be the best I can be to make my mom proud and I always do, I never really had a competition, I'm always on top or I'm always the champion, but now I feel that there is a challenge, not academically nor physically with anything in this world, but emotionally. I never cared for anyone.

After what happened between me and my father, I shunned the world. I didn't want anything to do with humans in general because I somehow felt as if they couldn't be trusted. I've never trusted or believed in anyone but Ashton and my mom, but since Jordaine came onboard, I felt different. I feel like there's an empty void inside if me that needs to be filled. I've only known him for a couple hours and I already have all the faith I possess in him. I feel as if I'm bound by his presence and that I'm just lost without him, but those feelings couldn't be real.

He is a boy and there's no way one person could develop feelings for another so hard and fast. I have to figure out what is the actual truth behind my feelings, I couldn't let it take control of me.

There was like thirty five minutes left of class and each second that passed I couldn't wait for the time to end, so I can get to Ashton and tell him how I feel. He always understands when I go through some phase in my life and he always has some solution towards the problem. I'm very lucky to have him as my best friend. Whenever I am sad or broken or something bothers me, I would go to him and he always fixed it. Other than just a best friend, I looked up to him as a brother. He is the best.

"Mr. Cole, is everything alright?"

Sir Bennett brought me back to reality. I didn't even realize I was zoned out.

"Yes sir, I'm fine, just thinking about how I'm going to design my new vision board."

I had to lie, and a believable one too. It was the only way to get him off my back.

"Ok good, because you had me worried, I don't like the company you got yourself into." He sounded worried, he actually cares about me.

"No sir, no need to worry, I'm just making sure his grades go up, nothing else." I said with an assuring smile.

"Wow, I'm impressed, you finally agreed with tutoring someone, just the wrong student." He looked at me expecting me to start a conversation with him in the middle of a class.

I just smiled and didn't answer, I didn't want to be lectured about how bad of a student he is. I didn't want anyone to decide for me, this was my choice. My choice to be friends with the school's bad boy.

He noticed that I didn't want to talk to him so he continued with teaching. When you're the best in high school, the teachers look out for you and make sure that you're safe all the time. But this time I didn't need anyone's protection, this time the choices were up to me to make. After all he nor his friends never tried to pick on me before, so why would they do it now. I felt safe around Jordaine, as if I could not be harmed.