Chapter 8: My Fake Boyfriend.

*Hayden's POV*

I can't. I just couldn't tell my mom and my best friend that I had just kissed another boy. I had to lie. I didn't have a choice, I don't know how my mom would react but I just couldn't tell her. We've talked about everything, but never once did we have a conversation about me liking the same gender as I am. I don't even  know if she's homophobic.

I thought I knew my mom, but in a situation like this I was lost. We never truly know what life has in store for us until we face it, and that is what's happening to me right now.

I stood there staring at the three persons in front of me, the only three people I've ever liked after ten years of shutting out the world. I didn't know what to say, and everyone stood there staring at me expecting an answer. I just couldn't.

"I'm sorry, I can't." I said with tears in my eyes coming down faster than ever.

I didn't care what will happen next but all I wanted to do was to be alone so I ran up to my room and into my bed putting a pillow over my head and screaming the life out of me. I always see it in the movies I watch so I hope it helps.

I couldn't do anything but cry. Cry for what? I know I'm very emotional but for Christ sake all I did was kissed a boy. A boy who I've only known for a couple hours. No. I've known him for years now, I just only met him a couple hours ago. He wasn't a stranger.

I heard the door open and that took me out of my thoughts. I removed the pillow from my head and turned over to see my best friend walking over to me. I really needed him at the moment. As much as I wanted to be alone, I really wanted his shoulders to cry on. Now I really believe it when they say 'you can't go through this world alone.'

"Hey buddy, you alright?" He asked.

I was happy to have Ashton as my friend, he's always there for me.

I sat up and all I could do was throw myself in his chest and burst into more tears. I honestly don't know why I was crying but sometimes all we need is to just let our tears speak for us. I felt him rubbing his hand up and down my back trying his best to comfort me, which was working.

He sat down on the bed beside me telling me that he's always going to be there no matter what happens. But why? Why is it that when I finally decide to actually let someone else in my life this happens? Now I know for sure that I'm never talking to anyone else ever again.

I looked up at Ashton wiping the remaining tears from my eyes.

"Dude you look like shit. What did he do to you?" He always managed to make me laugh.

"What happened here?" He asked me seriously this time.

"You'll probably hate me but.... I kissed him." I sighed.

I couldn't understand why was he laughing when I sounded as serious as I could be. I don't know what I said to make him be taking me as a joke.

"Seriously, I mean I know you like him but what really caused all of this?"

"What are you talking about?" This time I made sure I sounded serious.

"The way you two look at each other at school it's obvious you two like each other. I don't know if everyone will accept you two but you guys actually would make a great couple."

I sat there staring at him still trying to process what he just said.

"Why do you think I always leave you two by yourself? When I look at how happy you are around him, there's no way it could be that you're just happy you met someone new. I mean I've known you for ten years now and you never talked about wanting to meet friends, and when you actually met that guy, I see a happy I've never seen in you since the day we met or even became friends. So I decided to let him come home with you and see which one of you would make the first move. Ha, turns out it was you. Now what you need to do is go down stairs and tell that nigga that you in love."