Chapter 1: Choices.

*Hayden's POV*

"I already told you that I'm not going anywhere, I don't even like half of the people that's going to that party."

I really hate it when Ashton tries to make me go places where I don't want to. He insists I go to this party where I'm positively sure I won't enjoy.

"Bro, I know you don't like going out but this is a once in a life time." He continued to speak some alien language I can't seem to understand.

"What did you say, I can't understand." I said half laughing.

He hit me on the shoulder and gave up trying.

"Besides I'll have chores and homework and all those stuff you're supposed to do at home."

"Just know that you're on your own for the weekend." He said in a joking tone.

"We both know you can't do that, you'll have me to babysit." I looked at him with a wide grin.

The relationship between me and my best friend is something else. I mean, everyone looks up to me, not as the perfect guy or anything. Just as a normal teen who has a future ahead and focus on nothing else but that.
Ashton now, he's the total opposite, he always has some party to go to or some trip or something, he just doesn't know what peace is. I really don't know how he ended up being my best friend.

Somehow when I moved here, his parents sent him over to my house with cookies in his hand and I was surprised when I saw this little seven year old boy with freshly baked cookies in his hand, I couldn't do anything but smile. Now here we are in senior year about to graduate in a of  couple months and I still believe he doesn't know what he wants as yet. How do I talk to this hick. No matter what happens though, I'll always be by his side because I know he has my back no matter what.

Suddenly the bell rang which signals that it's time for class when I heard the principal calls my name.

I am really getting tired of telling this lady that I'm not interested in tutoring anyone. If they're that dense, she should provide some extra classes for them or something, isn't that her job?

I told Ashton I'll see him after class and I walked over to her knowing what she's going to ask me.

Why do I even bother sometimes.

"Good morning Principal Jackson, how may I help you." I said with a fake smile that was unrecognizable.

"Good morning Mr. Cole, may I speak with you in my office." She said with an actual smile.

I agreed and went ahead. I wonder what happened, she never normally asked me to go in her office when she wants me to tutor someone, seems like it's something serious this time.

"Please take a seat." She offered, pointing her hands for me to sit.

"I know I've asked you the same question multiple times with different students, but before you decide, I want you to actually meet this student."

Wow! She never asked me to see them before. I wonder who is the special person who I must see before I deny tutoring them. Or it's a new student who needs friends instead of tutoring, well if that's the case, she definitely got the wrong person.

"Is it someone new Miss Jackson?" I asked politely.

"No, it's someone I think you know very well, Jordaine Lawrence."

I raised my eyebrows, staring at her, giving her that 'Are you fucking serious?' look.

"Um, Miss Jackson, is this a joke?" I asked worried.