Chapter 9: Dinner Together.

*Hayden's POV*

I wouldn't say yesterday was bad or good. I would say yesterday was rather neutral. I got up feeling brand new. Smiling with the morning sun and the warmth that it gives. It was Friday, the last day of the week, which means I get the weekend to myself.

Something tells me that this weekend will definitely be different from the others. I had Jordaine to face and some lies to make up to tell my mom.

Ashton was the least of my problem because I know that he's always on my side, even when he does some crazy and stupid things that I'll eventually end up thanking him for. Like this one, I might not be a hundred percent sure but I know I have feelings for Jordaine and Ashton was the one who set this up.

I smiled and took my clothes off leaving me naked as the day I was born, wrapping my towel around my waist, I took my clothes off the floor and headed to the washroom. I went downstairs seeing my mom in the kitchen preparing breakfast.

"Morning mom." I said with a smile.

"Morning hun, I'm making pancakes with bacon, but we ran out of syrup so you'll have to do without today." I smiled and nod my head.

I walked into the washroom and placed my dirty clothes in the basket. I left and went upstairs to the bathroom to finally take a shower. About thirty minutes later I was ready for school so I took my bag from around the chair that was in front of my night table and went downstairs.

I told mom to call the cab that normally takes Ashton and I to and from school. I was surprised to see that he's not here as yet and mom prepared breakfast for both of us.

"Hey hun, where's Ash?" She asked me and I didn't know what to tell her.

"I don't know, he's probably on his way." I answered her with my mouth full.

With that said I heard the door open. I looked over the kitchen counter and saw that it was my best friend. Speaking of the Devil.

"Hey sorry I'm late, I'm not though, cause the cab isn't here as yet but..." He shrugged his shoulders and walked over to the table joining me with eating breakfast.

"Morning mum." He said with a smile when he walked in and saw my mom in the living room reading a book.

"Morning hun, I was wondering where were you." She looked up at him with a wide smile.

"Oh, I took an extra five minutes in bed. I don't like to wake up early on a Friday."

"Ok hun, the cab will be here soon and ice cream is in the fridge."

"Alright thanks." He took a slice of the pancake and went into the fridge for the box of ice cream.

I don't know why he loves ice cream so much. It's like if he doesn't have a cup in the mornings or after school, he doesn't function well.

He took a plastic cup and a spoon out of the cupboard and shared some into the cup and started eating. He placed back the box of ice cream in the fridge and came to join me at the table. We sat there talking for about two minutes when we heard mom saying that the cab was outside.

We took our bags and told my mom goodbye and left for school.
When we arrived, the first thing I did was check to see if Jordaine's car was here. It wasn't and it's fifteen minutes before school starts.

I wonder where he was. And I don't even have his number. And I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Ashton did. Thinking about it, I saw his car driving inside of Wilmington High School's gate.

The school's bad boy is finally here. I couldn't do anything but to smile when I saw that my fake boyfriend but also my secret lover in real life was here. So I thought. I wasn't sure if it was because I was being isolated for the past ten years that's making feel this way for him or it's just because of lust. I wasn't sure, but why do I keep denying myself from liking another boy? Was it that bad? I started to feel sad just thinking about it and tried to hide my face from Ashton but I failed, he already saw my expression.