Chapter 21: New Beginnings.

*Hayden's POV*

The rest of the day went by like a flash of lightning. Neither Jordaine nor Ashton stayed back for practice which is normally held in the evenings after school.

I decided to do what was best for the slumber party by skipping school tomorrow, the only problem was, would my mom agree?

Since we planned on leaving early Friday morning, Ashton decided to sleep over at his girlfriend's house and Sarah and Kyle would take a cab and we all would do a meet up at the park.

Jordaine drove me to my house for me to explain the worst situation to my mom and to pack some clothes. We got there and to my surprise my mom wasn't home as yet, so I did what we went there for. Packing.

Since we're only staying for two days because Friday would be spent on driving to the beach, I wouldn't count clothes for that day.

I packed what I needed and kept on repeating what I'll say to my mom in my head.

It was already 4:04 pm and my mom wasn't home as yet and she did not call. I was worried because she would normally call and tell me that she's coming home late, but I guess she wouldn't because she probably thinks I'm at Jordaine's house.

I decided to watch some cartoons with Jordaine until she gets home because I so did not want to tell her over the phone. I wanted to see her reaction, I wanted to read her expression because even if she wouldn't be happy about it, I could tell if she's lying just to make me happy. I wanted to know how she truly felt.

About another thirty minutes had been spent watching cartoons with Jordaine, I was really worried, it was getting late and she haven't come as yet.

I couldn't take it anymore, even if she was caught up with work, she would not have stayed back this late. Or probably she's stuck in traffic. I worry to much.

I decided to call her just to know if she's safe. As I was about to take my phone from my pocket, I heard the door open. Finally. Thank God.

I walked out of the living room and towards the front door.

"Mom"

"Hayden."

We both spoke at the same time, shocked to see each other.

"What are you doing here?" She asked me.

"Where were you?" I asked her.

"About that, there's something I need to tell you."

"Me too, that's why I'm here." I said to her.

"Let's go sit down."

We walked into the living room to reveal Jordaine eyes still glued to the TV not even realizing that we're standing at the door staring at him.

"Jordaine." I called him.

"Oh I'm so sorry. Good evening. Did you tell her?" He asked looking at me.

"No but--

"Tell me what."

"I'm going away for the weekend. I know I only said two days but Kelly is having her birthday party and she invited me and we're going to Bondi Beach and I wanted to ask you but I was--

"Hey hey hey." Jordaine got up and held onto my hands.

"What did I say about panic attacks?" He continued.

"I don't know." I answered him softly.

"You won't be here for another two days?" My mom interrupted.