Chapter 30: Acceptance.

*Hayden's POV*

I never saw this coming. The moment when I thought I was ready for a change; ready to move on from the past, ready to start a new life and be the best I can.

I thought I was ready to meet new people and explore as much as I possibly can, but this was next level. I know I told my mom that I'm happy for her moving on but am I ready to accept it?

I couldn't say anything, I just couldn't. I stood there staring at them both and yet another time when I would really want to pass out, it's not happening.

I can't get my mouth to say anything nor my eyes to get off them but I just stood there.

"Uh we'll be in his room if you guys need to talk or anything." Jordaine said cutting the silence.

I took his hand and walked off with him. Jordaine is really a life saver.

"What's that all about?" He asked as he closed the door.

"Jordaine I can't."

"I'm here with you okay, and no one's forcing you to talk to him now."

"I know I said I'm happy for her and I am, but I don't think I'm ready for this part."

"I know it's hard to move on from the past and I'm not telling you to let it go but in order to have a normal life now, you have to make peace with your past and accept that it had already happen."

"What about what my father would say?"

"Trust me, I know he must be smart enough to know that any normal human would move on in life."

"What if he's not happy about it?"

"Hayden for God sake I'm not good at these things but one thing I can tell you, is that if I were your dad, I would want you to be happy. I wouldn't want you to be spending all the years that have gone waiting for me to come back. You've just started to realize what life is really about and--

I stopped him right there. I needed to feel his lips on mine. I wanted someone to understand how I felt and I know he did. I felt him kiss me back.

He wrapped his arms around my waist holding me onto to him. I needed this.

"Just relax and think about what you're going to say."

"Stay here with me tonight."

"I am. It's a good think I packed a suit in our luggage." He whispered.

I let out a sigh into his chest. I don't want to disappoint my mother and for all I know she's probably a bit flattered with what took place. I decided to go back to them. On my own.

I left the room and went downstairs and into the kitchen where I heard them talking.

"Hi mom." I said softly.

"Hayden it's okay, I will--

"No.... I know I messed up earlier but I'm here to fix it. I guess your my stepdad now." I said with a smile.

He looked back at me with a larger smile and I could tell that he's happy.

"That's up to you to decide son." He replied.

"It's okay. Thanks for making my mom happy and sorry I missed dinner."

My mom came over to me and pulled me into a tight hug. I could tell that she is happy. I want her to be.

I hugged and squeezed her to give her that feeling that I am happy for her.

"Where's Jordaine?" She asked.

"I decided to fix this on my own. Is he okay with--

"I spoke to him about it and he's fine with it."

"Love doesn't limit itself to anyone son. Just be happy with what your heart decides." He said interrupting our conversation.

I looked at him and smile.

"Thanks." Is all I could say.

"I have the feeling he's gonna call me son alot." I whispered to my mom.

"Yeah that he'll explain to you. I wanted to do it over dinner but--

"Again I'm sorry. Let me make it up to you guys tomorrow." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"It's okay. He can tell you now. You can let Jordaine join us as well."

I hugged her once more with a smile and went upstairs for my boyfriend. I needed him to be a part of this little family reunion. After all, he is family.

After deciding on sorting our things together for school the next morning, we both went ahead to sit and listen what Dave had to say.

We made our way down stairs and we all sat around the table like family, even though we were the only ones eating. Dave started the conversation.

"So boys, I'm really glad that we could sit together as a family and I must say that what you two have together I'm okay with it once you don't break each other's heart. Hayden...--

"Yeah." I answered with a whisper.

"I love your mother and I want you to know that no matter what, I'm always going to be here for you. I am aware of what took place in the past but I didn't come here to dwell on that. I want you to know that I'll be ready to accept whatever choice you make. So.... Can I date your mom." He said with a smirk.

At first I thought he was joking with what he said first, but when I saw his expression I knew he was serious.

"If you're willing to accept me, I'm willing to accept you."

"Sounds like a challenge huh?" He replied.

"I guess you can call it that." I said with a smile.

"So... Jordy, have anything you want to say."

"Uh... I'm cool with what you guys do."

I didn't like the way how he nicknamed my boyfriend but he's way too old for him and I don't think he's Jordaine type so I didn't gave it much thought.

We continued with talking until it was time for us to go up to bed. I told my mom and Dave good night and went upstairs for Jordaine to join. That night was not much, but atleast another night I went to bed with a smile on my face.

It's funny how life can just turn things around without giving a heads up. I'm surprised to see how so much had happened in the past weeks. It really felt like moths and years.

After all, there's no need to rush into anything. When it's the right time, it will happen.

******************************

Author's Note: Hello my fellow readers, I've got some news that might probably get some of you guys a bit upset but, every good thing has an end.

Yes, I'm really sorry to hear that this is happening as well because I so wanted to know more about these two little lovelies.

I think I'll probably have about two more chapters before I officially declare it the end of my first book. I hope you guys have enjoyed everything about it and remember to vote and comment guys.

Thank you so much for all the support thus far. I appreciate it all, I really wouldn't have continued if it wasn't for you guys. ᕙ(  • ‿ •  )ᕗ