Chapter 20. My Father's Story.

*Hayden's POV*

"Talk to me." He said as he approached me.

I stood there staring at him. I didn't know what to do. I've never gotten angry at my best friend before and he caused it. But I love him. I know if I walked away now, I would regret making that decision, I know if I walked away, I would hate myself for doing it, so I stood there, I stood there waiting on him to talk again.

"Hayden I am sorry." He did.

As angry I was at him, I couldn't let my emotions control how I feel for him, I couldn't let them ruin my relationship, I couldn't let them ruin the only person I've ever actually felt affectionate love for.

"It's okay. Just don't do it again." I said sounding very sad.

"Hey, I'll make it up to you. Dinner tommorow night?"

"Aren't we leaving tomorrow night?"

"Oh shit. I forgot, and I don't even start packing yet."

"You can do it when you get home today."

"But what about you? You asked your mom yet?"

"No and I don't even know if she'll be happy about spending another two days by herself."

"Oh. So what are you going to do?"

"I don't know. I don't want to leave her by herself for another two days."

"Finally!" Ashton shouted from across the hall cutting us from our little conversation.

"Now that you're feeling better, Kelly wants to see you." He continued.

"I haven't ask my mom yet, and I am sorry." I told him.

"Hey, don't worry. I'm the one that should be apologising. Now let's go before Kelly gets to the front of the line."

"Oh."

"You coming?" Ashton looked at Jordaine.

"I'm good. Cole save some of your food for me, gonna see what Kyle's up to."

He came closer to me and kissed me on my forehead. "See ya."

I looked at him and smile, and then we went our separate ways.

When we reached the cafeteria, Kelly was the fifth person in the line. We were lucky. We walked over towards her and she took our oders, I ordered two medium barbeque burgers along with two bottles of water since Jordaine requested lunch from me.

We got our food and the three of us went to a table with five seats.

"So Hayden, you ready for tomorrow morning?" Kelly asked me breaking the silence.

"Tomorrow morning?" I asked her sounding confused.

"Yeah, my birthday is Saturday and we're going to have to leave early if we want to reach before night fall. Did you look inside the card I gave you?"

"I didn't get the chance. Sorry."

"I'm so disappointed in you." She turned to Ashton.

"Hey, I couldn't tell him that we're skipping school." He said with his mouth full.

What did he just say?

"We're skipping school?" I asked with my eyes wide open.

Kelly rolled her eyes and by that time, I saw Sarah and Kyle walking towards us.

"You guys are joking right." I looked at Ashton with a serious look.

"I didn't know how to tell you." He sighed.