Chapter 6: The Truth Reveals Itself.

*Hayden's POV*

Math class wasn't as I expected. It was alot easier than I thought. I really thought that I would have to be correcting or going over some main points with Jordaine, but it turns out he was pretty good at the subject. I don't know why but it seemss that most persons hates math and never seem to understand how it works. I don't know how to explain but you just have to love or want something to actually do the right way. So I guess all those persons who constantly fails math is because they either hate it or just don't want to do it.

Mrs. Reid was evil enough to give us home work, which was nothing new. She always say that 'proper preparation and practice prevents poor performance.' She might be right but that doesn't mean she has to give us home work every time we have her class. We have her class three times per week: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. That simple means the assignment must be completed and handed in by tomorrow. I always do my assignments, it's Jordaine I'm worried about. Will he need help? Will he actually do school work on his own? I hope he does, because if he doesn't, that will just ruin my reputation.

I took my mind off all those thoughts. I'm sitting patiently in Principal Jackson's office with the student body president who I haven't even said good afternoon to when I walked in. It's not that I have anything against her or anything, I just haven't build my confidence to speak to her as yet, which Jordaine insist I do. She's a nice and smart young girl, but never makes it to my standards so I never see any real reason to talk to her.

Finally, Principal Jackson walked in. "Hey students, good afternoon, sorry I had you waiting, I was just speaking with Mr. Bennett." She looked at me giving me that 'you know what I'm talking about' look. I smiled knowing that Sir Bennett actually cares about my safety and protection, but I did tell him not to worry.

"Well I know you both know why you're here. The ceremony is next Wednesday at the National Museum. These contains more information and the papers your parents should sign. You're both smart students so I don't see the need for further explanations. Any questions?" She gave us the papers looking at us expecting us to ask her questions. I didn't say anything because I didn't see the need to.

"I have no questions Principal Jackson, it is always my pleasure to make sure this school stays on top."

"Thank you for that, Miss Thompson, you can write your speech and take it to me Monday. Anything to say Mr. Cole."

"Not really, just that I want to know if we're the only students going?"

"Well if you would like a set of students to attend, I can arrange that if it is what makes you comfortable." She would do anything to make sure I go.

"Ok, but there are two specific students I would want to come with us."

"Then I guess it's settled. Remember to let me see your speeches by Monday morning, Thanks for participating." She was lucky I had Jordaine to motivate me or else she would have to be thinking of someone else to send.

We both got up and left. I know Jordaine said I should say something to her, but I didn't see any reason to. And I know she wouldn't want to talk to me either, knowing the type of person I am. I went to the locker halls to grab my bagpack and other essentials I'll need for school tomorrow. I then went to look for Ashton because I know Jordaine would have already gone with his friends. Turns out that more than half of the school had already left. Looks like everyone was eager to go home. I walked down to the entrance of the school to see if Ashton was out there waiting for me. He was, but with Kelly and Jordaine. Wait, Jordaine. What is he still doing here?

"Hey bro, Jordaine and I decided to give you some time together so I'm going home with Kelly. I'll see you tomorrow morning. Have fun."

"Wait, so how am I going home?" I was now confused.