Chapter 16: The Speech.

*Hayden's POV*

"Failure is the condiment that gives success it's flavour. This quote I believe in as I am a proud senior student at the prestigeous Wilmington High School. Let me inform that success never comes over night, it takes hard work, dedication, sacrifice and determination among others. If you ever wish to be in the set classified as successful, you'd have to have to be persistent and optimistic. As I senior student speaking from experiences, I can proudly say that it is worth the fight. After five years of studying, practicing, reading and all the things that are required of high school, I am about to leave with my diploma which I will proudly take on the day of graduation. I want to encourage all other students out there who are about to go up into senior year, that it will be the best experience of high school. You will be surprised to see how it can change you. Most definitely, you will make mistakes but most importantly those mistakes will not define who you are unless you accept your truth. I have made mistakes and I do know who I am by accepting my truth. Being a senior is one of the best things you could ever achieve in high school and the only way to make your dreams come true is to make sure you make it up to senior year. Thank you all for listening and I do wish you all the best in the future. Best regards."

By the time I was finish speaking, they all started clapping and cheering. I looked over to Jordaine and Ashton to see them both with smiles on their faces. I know they are proud of me. I looked over to Principal Jackson to see her with a wide smile across her face. I know she is proud of me and really happy that I had done that speech.

Alyssa had already gone so all I did was hand the microphone over to the host of the ceremony.

I walked down to sit in my space between Jordaine and Ashton who accepts me with a warm welcome.

"Good thing you practiced." Jordaine said to me.

"I could have nailed it anyways." I replied.

"But you still need to thank me." He looked at me with a childish smile.

"Alright thank you Jordaine." I looked at him and smile.

"Thank you Mr. Cole. Wonderful speech. Coming next with another speech speaking about being a young adult is Fiona Sinclair, head girl from East Bay High."

I know her. I've heard about how brilliant she is and has achieved the highest awards at her school. She's never lost a school compitition. I wonder how good she would be if we do a challenge?

"You okay?" Ashton asked me.

"Yeah I'm good. You alright?" I answered him.

"I'm good." He said.

We gave our attention to Fiona who started speaking. Her accent is good. I like her.

She spoke for about seven minutes and after her came some other students and in closing, Principal Jackson gave her speech. I guess because our school is referred as the best in academics.

We left right after Principal Jackson had finished doing her meet and greet with all the other teachers and principals from the other schools.

We all went back to school and we were right on time for lunch break. They did serve food at the ceremony but I didn't want to look too greedy and embarrass my school, so I took a small portion.

"What you having?" Jordaine asked me as we stepped into the cafeteria.

I guess he can read my mind.

"I don't even know."

"I'm gonna look for Kelly. See you guys after school." Ashton says looking at both of us.