Fragments of the Past

Meanwhile, the battle between Yura and Amaya against Vega continued. 

"Sei!"

With help from Amaya's telepathy, Yura predicted the movements of another flying blade. The single blade locked on to her, but she skillfully slapped it away with Lucent Heart with utmost precision the moment it approached.

Even when four blades were to converge towards Yura all at once, they were no match for the combination of the two girls working together. Feeling a bit of frustration, Vega decided to deal with Yura himself. The blades from the Destruction Wing soon fall back into place as the archbishop swooped down with his sword ready.

He came towards Yura with his sword. Not even the girl's block with her rod was enough to stop him, as he slowly knocked Yura backwards. 

"Die..."

Vega raised his sword over his head and brought it down with force. With a loud *clang*, his sword met Lucent Heart head-on. However, his physical strength seemed to be greater, shown in him successfully pushing Yura back.

Yura felt her feet press hard against the flooring. In her struggle to hold her ground, one of her feet slipped back, giving Vega more leverage. To make matters worse, her connection with Amaya quickly disappeared, as if the connection between them was suddenly unplugged.

As the sword inched closer to touching her shoulder, Vega was hit by a small orb that exploded on the side of his face.

"Yah!"

Without a moment of hesitation, Yura sprang up and swung her rod upwards, catching the archbishop by the chin. She followed up with a strong thrust, sending him flying through the last pews and ornaments that remained standing in the battle.

After knocking the archbishop away, Yura turned at the source of the attack which helped her. Amaya stood up and spoke in a firm tone. 

"I have just enough for one big attack. This is our last shot. Don't mess up." 

Yura nodded, slightly bending her knees and readying herself. Amaya closed her eyes and intersected her arms, each hand holding the opposite shoulder. Yura looked on as the silver-haired transfer student opened her eyes, pupils now glowing purple, seemingly entering a trance-like state. She let out a long shout to signal it. Yura shuddered at the shout which sounded like something very unexpected from Amaya, being a combination of anguish and straining.

The ground beneath Amaya trembled slightly, and simultaneously, five black orbs emerge from within her, surrounding her in a half-circle formation.

Yura focused once again on Vega, whose wings shot out of the smoke from the impact. Yura can feel her heartbeat quickening, causing her to grip into Lucent Heart more firmly. "I have one shot to banish that Destruction Wing's powers out of him..."

She began running towards the archbishop. As she covered the distance, she felt Amaya's orbs shoot out with power, dying the whole place black. The orbs swiftly converged towards Vega, exploding the instant they came in contact with him. 

Yura held her breath upon seeing what Vega has become. The right half Destruction Wing slowly began melting, and so was a large part of Vega. The right half of the archbishop started dripping down, as if skin and flesh had been corroded and falling off.

Seeing this opening, Yura struck Lucent Heart at Vega's exposed chest. "It's been a while since I did this, but here goes!"

Yura activated Lucent Heart's exorcism spell, creating a hexagram on the point of contact amidst thunder effects. Vega screamed as the hexagram materialized.