Frantic Ring-Hunt!

Yura blinkled repeatedly then scratched her head. "Alright, so what do we do now? And why are we standing around in front of the big road!?"

She stood in the middle of the sidewalk of a big road, with Amaya walking beside her, having bought another bar of ice cream on their way out of Central Park. 

Amaya pointed forward at a security guard standing beside a post. "Maybe we can ask him for directions."

"What would she know about this?" shouted Yura. She started thinking hard on where they could go to start locating the targets. "Ah! I got it! How about..."

As Yura turned towards her teammate, she realized that the teammate disappeared. She looked around and saw Amaya approach the guard standing beside the post.

"What are you doing? Get back here and-"

Yura stopped when Amaya gave her a thumbs up sign.  She ran towards Amaya in response. As she closed in, Amaya suddenly hopped back.

Yura furrowed her eyebrows and asked in a confused tone. "What was that for?"

"Take a look for yourself."

Yura paused to take look at the security guard. To her surprise, she eyed a replica of the ring taking the place of a regular badge.

"T-that's... What should we do?" asked Yura

"I don't need to tell you that."

Yura quickly launched herself forward, not waiting for the security guard turned his attention towards her. She jumped with all her might and raised her right foot, bringing it down on the guard's shoulder with an attack which would incapacitate it immediately.

Yura's face turned red after a loud 'clang' as her foot met metal. She leapt back on one leg and winced in pain, all the while grabbing her attacking leg with both arms. With her in this state, the guard's eyes turned yellow and pushed her away with one swift motion.

"I see. Just as expected from you." Amaya shook her head in silence.

The guard produced some whirling sounds as he started moving towards the two girls.

"H-hey, no one told us that we would be fighting robots!" Yura's leg was better now, as she's able to stand up fine, suffering nothing more than a bruise on her leg. "I bet you didn't know as well!"

Amaya ignored her partner's complaint and started chanting an incantation. After the short chant, small void spheres materialized around the guard. With a confident flick of her fingers, Amaya made the orbs explode all over the robot.

"Hurry up and collect our reward."

Yura stood up, with slight frustration on her face. "I know, I know." 

She immediately rushed towards the downed robot and pulled the ring out. Upon getting the ring pulled out, the robot stopped moving or making any noise.

"We did it!" Yura held the ring up high.

"Good work.!" With no more words after that, Amaya started pacing down the sidewalk.

"Hey wait! Stop acting like you're boss!" complained Yura. 

"Don't hesitate to going all out in fights later. You're wearing shorts, not a skirt, so you don't have to worry about anyone seeing your panties. That's... unfortunate."

"W-w-what are you saying?" asked Yura in a slightly angry and embarassed manner.

Amaya glanced at Yura. While her face was stoic, Yura could sense some malicious mischief brewing on her mind. Seemingly as a reply, Amaya gave a monotonous and unenthusiastic-sounding "he he he" and went on her way hurriedly.