Encounter [-15 years]

"That's very admirable of you," said Vega. "But... I guess I'll take over from this point on!" 

With grace comparable to a master swordsman, Vega held his sword horizontally and spun in a half-circle. In one swift stroke, he took down three more attacking ghouls and saved a soldier on the verge of getting killed. 

"About time one of you showed up!" shouted a different soldier from the one he saved.

Vega stopped attacking for a second and looked past the attacking ghouls. He looked at the fighting soldiers and shook his head. With a dejected expression, he turned back and called the one supervising the evacuation.

"Have the residents gone to safer ground now?"

The soldier shouted a command through a communication device before replying to the swordsman. "Almost there. Give us a little more time. What's the matter?"

"If you may, have your men evacuate the area as well. It is a lost cause for Spark Point Ridge. We won't withstand the next waves."

"That would be impossible. Spark Point Ridge is the most crucial bastion of defense towards the heart of our city. Even El Aldo, lying way past the city borders to the north, has been overrun by these demons. There's no stopping this plague if we don't take a chance here! We would call for reinforcements and-"

Having enough, Vega cut him off. "And you're willing to bet on this?! Even our group, the Inquisitors, don't see how Spark Point can be saved for now." 

He looked at the ongoing battle, which seemed pretty even for the time being. He saw a dark cloud forming from the distance and insisted in the escape.

"That's why I was sent here personally, to assist you and ensure your safe escape. We can reclaim Spark Point in the future!" 

Feeling that he might have not made his point clear enough, he angrily pointed at the dark cloud. Soon, it seemed that the dark cloud in motion is not actually a cloud, but a being composed of a clump of rapidly moving black objects in motion.

"In a while, those winged terrors will come and turn the tides of battle. What good will those reinforcements of yours do? Call your men back if you know what's good for you!"

"So the Inquisitors can take the glory for themselves once more? Your group's days of playing hero are over!"

The two were interrupted by three ghouls that broke through the defending soldiers. With no means of pressing the argument further, the two prepare to fight....

~~~~~

"Fools, every one of them."

Vega, dragging his blood-drenched sword on the ground, looked over the battlefield. He was wounded by the previous battle himself, blood dripping from his right arm and his clothes torn apart, leaving his top mostly exposed. 

"Haughty yet foolish... Those people just won't listen when I told them this won't work. They still refuse to evacuate, despite repeated warnings that another invasion could come. Fighting with nothing but heart... pointless."

He walked around while pondering in disgust. This was made worse by the sight of the surroundings around him, a ruined place filled with dead bodies of both human and demon alike. Where buildings used to stand, now are filled with rubble. He looked at the distance and saw the small cap of a large black sphere; one that is large enough to be seen from this far away.

"Besides these undead and demons, many more creatures have entered this world through the black core spawned by that dimensional tremor."

At that point, a small wyvern appeared from above. Being too busy in his frustrated thoughts, Vega did not see it coming. Despite not being able to see it, he swiftly cut a wing off with a diagonal slash while turned back. Another slash, this time horizontally, finished it off. He paid no heed to it as it crashed onto the distance.