To the Next Phase

"That was easy, but you did make me feel uncomfortable for a moment there."

Yura deactivated Lucent Heart. She felt some tense feelings loosening up from her chest and let out a relieved breath. She turned her attention to the enemy she just downed, pondering on what to do with him. Naturally, the first option to come to her mind would be handing the man over to the authorities. That would be simple and easy... if not for one thing. Garda was much taller and bigger than her, so she would have a hard time dragging dead weight around.

Her thoughts were broken up by some more shaking on the ground. This was much stronger than the first one, and she wobbled in place before the tremors stopped. 

"That's right." She turned towards the direction of downtown Freya. Per Ren's instructions, the two of them would rendevous near the downtown plaza. Suddenly, her eyes caught the sight of smoke. Black smoke rising from the distance, around the rendevous point. "This is bad. Could they have started? Stay safe, Ren-senpai."

Luckily for her, some guards arrived near the scene of the battle. Yura waved her hands out and called for them the moment she saw the group approaching. Responding to her call, the guards hurried up and ran straight to the power plant. 

"Are you hurt, miss?" asked a guard, whose first act was attending to Yura. 

"I'm fine, but I leave him to you, please." Yura clasped her hands in her request and headed off to the rendevous point. 

"Don't do anything rash, miss," reminded a second guard, who tried to stop Yura.

"Thank you for the concern, but I'm off!"

Yura gave one last look to see some guards apprehending Garda. Feeling relieved, she bolted as fast as her legs can carry her towards the meeting point.

~~~~~

Moments have passed, and the pillars of the bar in the plaza crumbled down as a result of the shockwaves by the mysterious woman. The pillars crumbled into the vicious flames that came from exploded casks and tanks, creating the thick smoke which can be seen from the distance.

With her face still hidden, she began turning and scouring the masses of people running off. She slowly took off her hood and revealed her appearance. She had heavy make-up on her face, giving her a gothic look, with strong concentrations of white and purple. She pursed her pierced lips and sternly looked at her handiwork before letting off a frustrated grunt. She flicked her short greasy hair, dyed in blonde highlights and began pacing around restlessly.

In the silence, she raised her hand and sent a shockwave to break apart a piece of rock flying in her direction. 

"You're still alive?"

Jet stood up from rubble and cracked his knuckles. "Your magic looked impressive, but it's gonna take more than that to put this restless soul down!"

The woman smirked and put her finger to her lips, speaking in a seductive tone. "Looks like we got ourselves an exotic one here. It's a pity that you had to get in my way."

"H-hey, that voice and.. oi, what is this about?"

"That appearance and attitude... Bad boys, they're my type. That's why it pains me that I have to do this."

The woman grabbed something from underneath her cloak and tossed it upwards. As the unidentified object started falling, she hit it with a shockwave from her arm, magnifying the wave, causing more tremors and agitating the flames around the area. 

Jet felt the searing flames grew with intensity. He saw the smoke get thicker, and twitched as hot air swept through his face. That's nothing for him, who promptly ignored it and blasted the flames away with a burst of wind from his palm which spread all around the area.