Twilight of the Mortals

"Excellent."

Satisfaction filled Kagami, who looked at the monitor which showed every second of that successful shot.

"That's just despicable of you. Double-crossing someone right after forming an alliance."

Hearing Emi's comments, Kagami grabbed her.

"He would be nothing without Accenture. If anything, it is he who is indebted to me, and it is I who has the right to do whatever I want with him. I just intended to use him and lure out the Destruction Wing, so we can destroy it in one go."

He pushed her away. She then fell right onto the arms of one of the guards.

"Now that the first phase is done, nothing would be able to stop my ambition of creating my dream world from dust. This whole 'crusade' led by Vega is really nothing more than an opportunity I saw at seizing power and control over the city. Knowing him, it was all too easy to get him to play into my plans."

"I somehow expected that kind of answer. Thanks for confirming it. Even if it did not work out the way I wanted to, I was right in trying to arrest you."

"You know, there's one thing I have in common with Vega. As soon as something has outlived its usefulness, we get rid of it."

He smiled at Emi. "Fortunately for you, I still have some use for you. After all, there's only so many things you can do with such a high-profile hostage. We're gonna need you for a little longer."

Emi rolled her eyes and responded with a laugh. "You're so predictable, Seito Kagami. It's funny how you underestimate everyone, especially the ancient weapon. It's gonna take more than your super cannon to eradicate one who has unlocked the full power of the Destruction Wing."

"Fierte-Omega's Judgment Ray are made of hyper-accelerated particles launched in one focused beam. These shots are engineered to outright melt everything they come in contact with. Not even magical energy or any of that crap that the archbishop believed in would survive the heat and energy blasts from Fierte-Omega!"

Kagami slammed his hands on a console and continued to look at the video from where Vega used to be. Nothing clear can be seen right now due to the huge energy residues left by Fierte-Omega's blast.

After putting much thought into it, Kagami nodded at the two guards.

"You two bring her with you to the back. Prepare the video transmissions and get it rolling when I catch up."

"He's another problem on its own, but I'm just glad that he'll focus on taking care of you guys first. His wrath will be the end of Accenture," mocked Emi. She gave a smile before the two guards took her out of the room.

~~~~~

Yura blinked repeatedly. While she did it, the darkness surrounding her failed to disperse. She moved her head until it bumped something quite hard.

This is...

Light seeped into her eyes as Jet opened up his wings and released her.

Fierte-Omega's Judgment Ray had hit Vega right as he prepared to attack them with the Destruction Wing's feather blades. The beam did not just hit the archbishop, even the edges of the construction building were completely melted by the attack. At this point, some parts of the edges even continued to drip cement.

As a way of protecting the both of them, Jet had held her and covered the both of them with his own wings. Yura stared at Jet, wounded but still strong, and realized what had happened for the past few seconds.

Then that thing I felt... All this time...

She slowly opened her mouth and stammered, all with a bushing face. Coherent words failed to come out before she decided to just scream in short bursts.