Eve of Destruction

"Urf!" 

Icaros stood in place, dropping his kunai blades. His right hand instinctively reached out for his chest. As he touched it, blood dripped down and soaked his hand, initiating an unreadable expression from him. The man's eyes widened as he carefully looked at the huge wounds on his chest. He let it set in before looking at Jet.

"You got me there. Well, I guess I did hit a nerve with that one."

He calmly picked up his kunai blades while Jet stood in front of him. His heavy breaths come with echoed sounds resembling a beast's snarling. 

"However..." Icaros held his large kunai in front and put on a bitter smile. "I don't intend to die to a dirty Halfblood right now! Fatal Cross!" 

Using his magitek "weapon", Icaros boosted his speed and attempted to flank Jet. As he spun and maneuvered to Jet's side, the redhead predicted his movements and immediately flew towards him. Icaros protected himself from the succeeding slash only by a timely block with his kunai blade. 

Tsk! Even his speed and reaction time... So this is what he is like with his true power released.

Icaros swung his other kunai blade and twisted his body, aiming to deliver a slash onto Jet's lower abdomen. Instead, Jet's wings flapped while the two were locked together. He overpowered Icaros and pushed him up to the air, interrupting the slash attempt.

When the two reached the ceiling, Jet changed direction and charged forward. 

Icaros was helpless before this and found himself pressed hard against a pillar. Jet was able to deliver another slash with his claws before powering Icaros through the pillar. When he went through, he felt his body go limp before experiencing an excruciating pain on his chest.

He very quickly found out the source of the pain: Jet had dug the sharp claws deep into his body. Jet held him that way before tossing down from the air, back through another wall.

Icaros weakly opened his eyes to see Jet hovering above him. Despite transforming into his supposed true form, he still looked... human? Icaros felt a different sensation from him compared to all the other demons he had encountered and slain over the past few days.

At this moment, Yura's eyes slowly opened as well. Still weakened to do anything, she merely remained in place, lying down flat on the ground. 

I'm still alive...

Very quickly, her sight turned to the familiar-looking person flying above with his wings. It did not take more than a few seconds before she realized who it was.

Jet?

"You hate me now, don't you? That hatred empowers you and is the true source of your strength. That's it. Forget the stupid Aegis work, and accept who you truly are!" shouted Icaros with a voice of defiance. "Finish me. Now! Satiate the beast inside you."

Jet's claws shimmered and he took aim at Icaros. Yura, quickly realizing what was about to happen, tried to push herself in order to get him to stop. She tried shouting, but her voice failed him. She can only watch as Jet swooped down for the finishing blow...

Jet's attack was halted, as a rumbling sound came from the inner chambers. Light shone from it, and the doors break open as Vega emerged out from within. The Archbishop did so with help from a huge pair of metallic wings. Black steel blades that serve as the wing's feathers emit a shining light which filled the room. The pair of wings looked attached to Vega's back, but they were also held in place by two large root-like structures, which wrapped around his chest and embedded deep into where his heart is.