The Traitor Redeemer

The spider-like mobile transport trudged through the streets of Arcadia. Noises of different battles happening everywhere can be heard from inside the unit, where Yura sat. She approached at a screen which showed a view of what was happening outside.

"So, what's the situation?" asked her. 

Haru, the head operator and one of Emi's key assistants, pressed several buttons on a console, which allowed the group inside to connect to the feed from Arcadia's research lab. It took a while, but soon, Emi's face and voice were shown through a monitor.

"How do I put it..." started Emi. She looked around, seemingly looking for the right combination of words, while fidgeting her fingers. "We just received information that a magical barrier has been broken through, and..."

"It is the real location of the 'Wings of Freedom' that Vega is after."

"Wait a minute, so you mean, the one we have been trying to protect... is a fake one?" asked Yura. She looked at Emi with an expression of bewilderment.

"Well, it was my mistake, too. I don't expect a mole within the involved organizations to be able to gain information on this. For now, that is not the main concern."

The transportation screeched to a halt in the middle of the street, shaking the compartments inside. Yura flinched as she heard a large explosive sound ring within the large compartment. 

"We've encountered an enemy battalion!" shouted one operator.

"Miss Emi ordered us to bring Miss Himeji here to the site of the reading. Let us keep on with that task," replied Haru. "Launch defensive lasers while we run through them!" 

"Roger!" 

The mobile braced itself, then launched itself several feet up the air, landing at the rear end of the squad of machine soldiers. The laser cannon attached on the mobile fired off several shots towards the back. The constant movement made for a rather poor aim, but it was enough to hit some enemies as the mobile rushed forward on its multiple legs. 

The remaining machine soldiers went after the transport running forward, but were met with multiple bullets from elsewhere. A mortar shot followed, which came from a released tank.

"That's... the city's military?" 

Haru then addressed Yura, all the while looking at the proper coordinates towards the destination. "While you were out there fighting, even the military has grown tired of what Accenture is doing. The people have turned their backs on Accenture as well. I doubt that they can do much to the main Accenture base of operations though."

He instructed the crew to take an alternative route before continuing. "The base is heavily protected and is unbreakable, if we're talking about these people. We'll figure something out. For the meantime, we need to focus our assault on the Relic Chamber."

Yura sat down and prepared herself. For now, she has around an hour to get ready for the next major battle.

~~~~~

The inside of the floating temple carried a unique and fascinating aura. Inside, the whole area is seemingly made of marble -- white ones for the walls and a dark shade of grey for the floor. Three huge staircases heading to different directions greeted Vega and Marian as they reached what can be compared to a lobby. 

Marian stepped forward. Vega followed suit, looking at a stone tablet in the middle. "The road to Heaven, the road to Purgatory, and the road to Hell." 

"How are we supposed to know where to go?" asked Marian, her eyes seemingly in a daze while having her arms clasped in prayer.

"Your games never changed." Vega let out a rough and hollow laugh. "Is this a test of my will? If so, you won't be disappointed. In the name of righteousness, I will not be stopped by anything, even eternal damnation!"