Welcome to Arcadia

At the dark hours of late night, hurried footsteps echoed through the streets of a modern-looking city. Some more followed, and it was soon evident that there were two people, engaged in hot pursuit.

A man swifty moved through a quiet street. His shadow, created by the light from the lamp posts, darted past several stores around him.

Right around this time, most stores have closed down in this distrct, barring the bars and late night establishments. At the man's shadow's trail was a teenage girl wearing a school uniform.

"Target sighted and requesting for backup! Sending coordinates now!" commanded the girl. She held something on her hand. Something which looked like a cellphone.

Not showing any sign of slowing down, she continued to pursue a man through the dark streets. The chase continued until the target took a turn towards an alley, subsequently finding himself at a dead end at the end of the lane.

"Nowhere for you to run now, monster," remarked the girl, who confidently flipped her medium-length hair. She also took her time to fix an armband attached to the left side of her uniform.

He's gotta be here anytime now. He'll take care of this one, no problem.

Suddenly, the man turned back, smiling. His face began to twist, revealing fangs and sharp claws. He threw off his hat and coat to expose his pale body and flowing blonde hair. Without warning, he lunged at his pursuer. Caught by surprise, the girl dodged at the last possible second.

What's taking that idiot so long?!

With a hollow laugh, the target turned towards the girl.

"Those guys are fools to send a rookie Guardian after me."

The girl felt some sweat dripping down her face as her body shook.

"D-d-don't dare underestimate me! I... Yura Himeji!" shouted the girl, seemingly unaware of whether anyone understood her last sentence.

She took out a small rod and after holding it for a while, the rod extended into a long version of itself.

Guess I'll have to do this on my own... What a way to start my first official mission.

~~~~~

Approaching Arcadia Square

Yura grabbed her baggage upon hearing the PA from the metro. She walked through the crowded train towards one of the automated doors.

The train came to a screeching halt as it reached the station. The girl stepped out of the train and took some time to gaze at the view of Arcadia from the platform. This station is located near the center of the city. From the platform, one is treated to a view of the city square, with a clock tower serving as the main landmark for the location.

"Wow. This is more than what I expected," commented her as she walked towards the escalator. While standing on the long escalator, she took out a small folded paper from her pocket. Unfolding it, she reviewed the map of Arcadia in order to refresh her memory of where to go.

"The place really lives up to its name as the City of Tomorrow," muttered Yura while she dragged her baggage through the white halls of the metro station. On the walls are several monitors which show the current events on various places in the city. Some notable areas include the academy, the central park, and the cathedral.

Despite being a newcomer, this girl surprisingly blended well with the several people walking around the station at this time. After taking care of some matters at the station, she walked out to the city square. The first thing she took a look at is the huge white tower at the middle of the plaza.