Dreadnought's Truth

It has been minutes since Isabella and the three students set off on their underwater adventure.

"Wow, this is really fun!" exclaimed Leanne, who swam in a frivolous manner. She carried a shell on her arm, having picked one up near shore. "It's like a dreamy world out here!" 

While it is clearly in the middle of the night, their way was being illuminated by a faint glow being sent off from Isabella's arms. She heard Leanne's comment and winked back. "Glad you're enjoying it, although I find your world up there really amusing too."

"Like I said, we're not here for fun and games," reminded Yura. "Isabella, is there a way for you to track your sisters down?"

"Umm... there's a human station down there. It's quite far away, though. I think it's intentionally kept out of the submarine tour, and not many humans seemed to know about it during my short time on the surface."

"That sounds suspicious alright. What do you think, Amaya?"

Amaya, who had quietly followed them from behind replied with a quiet nod. She appeared to be more interested about Isabella's spell. She formed a black orb at the tip of her hand and looked at it. "So, even spells are unaffected by this water under the effects of Aqua Pulse. This would come in handy in the future."

Isabella turned her attention towards Amaya and giggled. "I haven't gotten the chance to know you, but I can see that you're one of those serious 'scholarly' types. You can be friends with Yza, my eldest sister. Unfortunately, Aqua Pulse is something only me and my siblings know about. I made a promise with them about it, so..."

The four followed the underwater tour's path and after a few minutes, approached what can be remembered as the midway point of the tour. Isabella suddenly took a sharp dive, plunging down the dark waters. With her light leading the way, Yura and the others swam after her.

They soon descended upon a huge underwater wreckage. Everyone slowed down as they navigated ruins buried underwater. 

"Oohhh, shall we go treasure-hunting along the way?" cheerfully asked Leanne.

"I said we're not here to have fun!"

"Come on, Yura. I didn't mean to ask for a detour. I mean, might as well do something fun while we're on our way, right, Isabella?"

"Hehe, I usually get scolded by my sisters for those suggestions as well, so I'm used to this scene." The mermaid then continued forward and picked up speed. "Oh, and by the way, there's another reason why we needed Aqua Pulse's underwater mobility."

It would seem that she had a premonition, as a streak of water current rushed past her.

"Kyaa!" Leanne instantly ducked for cover.

"What is this?" asked Yura.

Amaya stopped and prepared small energy orbs on her arms "It would seem that she was expecting enemies down here. I honestly did, too." 

Screeching sounds echoed on the walls of the ruins. Yura quickly positioned herself close to Leanne and activated Lucent Heart. 

Using the ruins as cover, something emerged and attempted to land the first strike. Thanks to Aqua Pulse, Yura had full control of her body even underwater. This allowed her to deflect the creature's lunge with her rod.

Missing Yura, it continued and darted towards Isabella. The mermaid seemed experienced with this, and performed a quick dodge before slapping the attacker down with her tail. 

As the attacker reeled back, Yura caught a glimpse of what it looked like. It was shaped in the form of a serpent that is several feet long, with three fins protruding out of its head. Its body was lined with luminescent spots, all which glowed neon green. Yura felt some shivers as it opened its mouth full of sharp teeth.