After the First Day

"What do you want?"

Burton's question was filled with a sense of aggression. He slowly moved forward, not heeding Icaros' threats.

"I told ya. It is him who I am concerned with," insisted Icaros. He put one of his blades directly in front of his face as he continued his approach. "So step aside!"

"Enough... Let him through, Burton. Weapons away, too."

Gerard spoke in order to diffuse the impending turmoil between the two. As soon as he acknowledged Icaros, Accenture's prodigy stopped his advance and kept his kunai blades.

"How may I help?" asked Gerard.

"Cut the nice guy act. I'm just dropping by for some status reports on the area."

Icaros looked at the area and once again closely observed the aftermath of the battle. He nodded his head numerous times while furrowing his eyebrows. "Glorious. On behalf of Accenture and the archbishop's joint effort, I thank you for your assistance."

"Glorious?"

Scoffing at Gerard's reaction, Icaros fixed his trench coat and spread his arms out. "Those beings deserve nothing but this. Weren't you fired up by the archbishop's declaration? The great deception will soon end, and we shall show these hideous creatures what humanity should have done years and years ago."

He smiled as he finished. This was followed by his eyes narrowing down while giving Gerard a more intense look.

"And I expected that you would believe the person you owe your life to without question. So, what's with the long face? Perhaps, you're showing some misplaced mercy on these things?"

"It's not that, but-"

Icaros cleared his throat as a way of interrupting the leader of the Investigation Team. "I hope Accenture won't end up making an enemy out of your group. But, if you really can't help but keep some faith in them in your heart, maybe that would be my unfortunate conclusion."

In a flash, Icaros' eyes focused and he flipped his two kunai blades out. Along with a sound of electric sparks, he whirled his hand around with some kind of enhanced speed. His hand moved like a cyclone, deflecting a series of incoming bullets. The way they moved were graceful yet strong and precise. He smiled as the bullets stopped and called the shooter out.

"And I was wondering where you went, rash woman. Good for you to join the party, I guess."

Erika stood a few meters away with assault rifle on hand, having stopped only because of Gerard's prior signal.

"Don't you dare mess with us, especially him! It won't be just these bullets that will be hitting you the next time."

"Being quite hot-headed, aren't we?"

Completely ignoring Erika afterwards, Icaros turned back to Gerard. 

"Well, I see why people say you're someone with a tough job. Your two subordinates alone are a handful already."

Gerard did not respond directly, but was silently telling his two subordinates to hold their fire. 

"Ah, nothing else for me to do here. Till next time. I hope that you three won't try anything funny. Accenture would hate to trouble themselves with someone like you."

Icaros shrugged then walked away. He playfully twirled his blades before putting them back inside his coat. The Investigation Team looked at him until he disappeared amongst the damaged buildings.

When all signs of Icaros were gone, the Investigation Team stared at each other. Of course, it was Erika who opened things up. Both Gerard and Burton looked at her and saw a very displeased expression.