Chapter 23:)

BAILEY POV

Luke continued to lay on me, his head buried securely in my chest. His arms where wrapped tightly around my waist as if he never wanted to let go. I continued to stare out of the window, watching the street light buzz as it's light illuminated the dark street. My fingers ran themselves slowly through Luke's hair, the soft strands felt amazing beneath my fingertips.

"Thank you Bailey." Luke mumbled, tilting his head so his blue eyes could meet mine. I couldn't tell if he was sad or slowly coming to terms with the facts. This, whatever this was, was not going to be simple. I knew that as soon as the boys began to grow that being together would be a challenge. But I knew in my heart that Luke wanted this to work as much as myself. I'm a proud person and I don't like to admit it when I need someone.

I needed Luke.

"Thank you Luke." I replied, running my fingers gently down his cheek. The action made his eyes flutter closed as a content sigh escaped his lips.

"For what?" He asked, looking puzzled. God that was adorable.

"For being you." I replied simply, leaning down so I could press my lips gently against his. He smiled and kissed me gently back.

"Oh!!! I have something for you!!" Luke exclaimed, pulling back with a wicked grin on his face.

Oh god.

What now.

"Let's go get pizza first then I can show you!!" He exclaimed, rolling off my body and onto the floor, before standing up and offering his arm to me. I took his hand, my chest feeling strange after the disappearance of a rather warm head.

"You're such a dork." I sighed, shaking my head as we walked back down the hallway.

"You love me." Luke replied with a smirk as he opened the door that lead into the kitchen.

"I know." I grinned, stepping into the light.

"WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG? DID YOU MILK A COW FOR THE ICECREAM?!" Ashton yelled looking between us with fleeting eyes.

"We talked." I said blandly, my eyes flitting over everyone in the room.

"You sure did." Mik smirked, raising an eyebrow.

"Whatever. At least I didn't get it on in a kitchen." I snapped back.

Why can't people understand Luke and I can talk without turning into sexually frustrated mules?!

Mikaela gave me a confused look then put two and two together only to quickly look away blushing deeply.

"Any pizza?" Luke asked from behind me as he went to inspect the cartons we'd brought in roughly 20 minutes earlier.

"Yeah but be quick, Michael wants another slice." Lizzie chuckled, nodding her head in Michael's directions. His eyes where trained on the box Luke had his hand in.

"Over my dead body." Luke laughed, sliding five slices onto his plate. Where does it all go?

We ate the cold pizza, it tastes much the same as it did warm and was rather nice. After we'd finished Luke told the others that we'd join the others later. I began to get anxious as he dragged us upstairs and into a free room where his large suitcase lay.

"Alright." He announced with a cheeky grin as he flopped onto the bed.

I looked at him puzzled, sitting down gingerly beside him.

"As I was saying...............I have no idea where that sentence was going." He chuckled as he unzipped his practically bursting bag. I laughed as he drew out a small brown paper bag.